The mkiv Supra Owners Club

petition to Scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy!

Guest ol27

Hi all,

Just got myself a 93 Supra N/A Auto in Silver! :eyebrows:

I've recently registered on here and thought I would try and do something useful whilst saying hi to everyone!

A friend of mine emailed this to me the other day which is the first I had heard of it. basically, there is a petition to Scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy! :ecstatic:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

If any of you agree with this please put your name down, we have until the 20th of Feb 2007 and there are 77000+ names on the petition so far!

A little more info... "The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website."

Hope this is not gonna be my first and last post! :spank:

Oh and before I forget... HAPPY NEW YEAR! :yahoo:

Has it already been introduced somewhere then?

Where?

Not yet as far as i'm aware, there was a tv program where they tested out the new system to find out what it would cost people to give the public an idea, one of which was a mum.

It was broadcast on tv a little while ago, not sure what the program was called though i'm affraid :rolleyes:

The new system sounds expensive to me!

I've signed up - it appears to be by far the biggest petition on Blair's no. 10 web site. It was over 80,000 signatures this morning, then the server went down!!!

It's up and running again, just checked and 264,000 people have signed up so far!! :clap:

Lets hope No10 seriously takes this petition into consideration.

I would also like to say thanks to everyone thats signed it for their support in the matter.

;)

The government would never get this through.

Within a week most people would be banned from driving and can't get to work. Country grinds to a halt.

In Germany they tried to get rid of the delimited auto bahns, public out cry after they forced it through, they are now delimited again ;)

Sign the petition by all means. However politicians respond to the weight of a post bag. If every one who signed the petition Also put a few sentences together, they would need a truck to hold them all. When writing to a minister they are obliged to reply. If a petition is sent there is very often no reply or only one to the address of the sender. 250,000 individual letters each with a reply would really clog up the system,and really get noticed.

A few years back a I was given the above advice by a local politician, who said no matter how many signature's there were on a document it still counted as one document.

I have signed, but will write as well. It is the volume of paper that counts. You should write to your local MP as well.

I remember being in a march about 25 years ago, we surrounded county council offices while the council debated. They just reschedule the meeting due to the noise out side. When finally the council voted, the local paper reported that it was the number of letters received by each councillor, that swayed the final vote, the march was only mentioned in passing.