The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car alarm woes!

francis

Well I guess this has been building up for a while but I definitely need to get it sorted now!

Over the Christmas holiday I could tell the battery was on it's way out as it struggled to start, eventually today when I went to start her up it was virtually dead and gave that tale tale ticking noise. No worries, it was a Halfords Calcium one which I bought 11 months ago and has a 4 year warranty. I took it out and lugged it all the way to Brixton Halfords (the only place that had the right one - HCB005) and got it swapped.

Now, my car has both the Toyota standard alarm and a Clifford Concept 300. I generally use the Toyota to alarm/disarm as the siren is much more bearable for a residential area. Since replacing the battery the Toyota alarm LED is constantly on and it doesn't respond to the remote.

I've armed the car with the Clifford this time and it seems to be ok, although from past experience the Toyota one usually sets off the Clifford if used at the same time.

So 1) I need to get the Toyota alarm removed 2) I need to either get a more bearable siren for the Clifford or change it for something reliable that won't go off all the time and piss off the neighbours.

Can the siren be changed on the Clifford 300? How easy is it to have the Toyota removed (how much am I likely to be charged) and finally does anyone have any recommendations for a reputable alarms company in London?

Cheers,

Francis