The mkiv Supra Owners Club

walbro fuel pumps - are they universal?

Guest mk47

I was presuming it was a TT he was talking about. It would help if folks mentioned what type of Supra they were talking about or at least put it in their Sig.

I have jake? :p

The eBay listing says "GSS341/GSS342"

So which is he selling? The two are slightly different.

You need a GSS342. The GSS341 is for a UK/S spec Supra.

he says:

Indicate on order which pump you prefer standardc pump is 342, although 341 is fine for same applications

so looks good. theres 2 so someone else can have one :)

342 is definately for the N/a and 341 is for the TT, Both are exactly same pumps although the filter is facing the other way and connecting pipework will not fit correctly when pump is situated.

You need a GSS342. The GSS341 is for a UK/S spec Supra.

Jake is correct. :)

• 1 month later...
342 is definately for the N/a and 341 is for the TT, Both are exactly same pumps although the filter is facing the other way and connecting pipework will not fit correctly when pump is situated.

You are wrong.

342 is for a J spec TT.

341 is for a US/UK TT.

No idea what fit's the NA hanger.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260069506995&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

if i buy this it will be ok then? good price for a brand new one. gs342

Forgive me if I have the wrong end of the stick, but an authorised trader with a Thor avatar who doesn't know which fuel pump to fit does not fill me with confidence.

Forgive me if I have the wrong end of the stick, but an authorised trader with a Thor avatar who doesn't know which fuel pump to fit does not fill me with confidence.

You do have the wrong end of the stick. I only started working there recently. The walbro fuel pump looks the same I just wasnt sure if that particular one on the ebay ad would be the right one for the supra.

Alot of people have dealt with me since ive been at Thor and have been more than happy with how I have dealt with their enquiries so please do not judge without having met me or spoken to me.

Also its worth noting that although the Walbro pump's are fairly generic, its a lot easier getting one with a fitting kit for the car you are fitting it to and making sure you get a filter etc.

Give me a shoult if you want some trade prices Maz, I always keep loads in :)

Gaz.

Cheers Gaz ;) Top man you are :thumbs: