The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bloody security guards have lost my EManage Ultimate!

Sheefa

EDIT: FOUND IT AS BELOW

Right, It's now turned up, in Cheltenham! The reason being it was delivered to the Birmingham office where I'm located but had NO NAME on it at all, just the delivery address. It was sent to the post room where they had no idea what it was until one of the IBM guys said he was waiting for something for his car, they opened it up and saw some wires. Anyway, he took it back and realised that it wasn't his and luckily my colleague tracked it down. It's been sent in te internal post back to me. So, the reason for failure in the process the TNT the delivery company may of messed up.

Bought this off Paul Whiffin a couple of weeks ago.

No fault on his behalf, or the company (TNT) that delivered it as expected, but the bloody security guard at work has misplaced/lost or done something with it!

It was delivered on the 22nd December and signed by Mr Mason our 80 year old 'doorman'. It hasn't been sent to me, the post office don't know where it is, and he's off work now for a while! Not in the slightest bit happy.

I don't think I have any ground to stand on really, can I take action against him? :whip:

Rant over, but only for now!

Greg

I may have to seriously straggle the old man upon his return. I don't think I have any ground to stand on really, can I take action against him? :whip:

Greg

I don't know what "straggle" means Greg? Is it a mixture of strangle and straddle? Either way I'd like to see the pictures!

Why don't you wait till he gets back to work and point your "water pistol" at him. I'm sure the oxygen thief will soon remember where he's put it!!

H.

Yes, strangle was the intended word.

I spoke to his colleague, Ash, who basically says that sometimes he signs for parcels without checking they're all there because he can't be bothered :rolleyes:

This is a fucking joke. I can't really contact him direct Michael as HR don't disclose home contact details, even to employees!

I'll have to wait until he's back and I am next week and give him a real good ass kicking. May be looking for a new job soon after...........:(

This is a fucking joke. I can't really contact him direct Michael as HR don't disclose home contact details, even to employees!

I can appreciate that but surely they can call on your behalf? I'm sure they would rather do that than go through the whole official complaint process with an old fool. Worth asking anyway, the longer you leave it the higher the chances of the box moving further away....

..............the longer you leave it the higher the chances of the box moving further away....

My thoughts exactly. I'll try and get on the case again tomorrow. It does begger belief though that things like this can happen. How can one box disappear in an office when it only has to travel up two floors from the security desk!

Security guards!! We had a spate of thefts from the office in this large engineering firm I work in. Somebody was pinching loose change from the desk drawers. Then it graduated to pens, calculators, laptops etc. Yep you guessed - it was the night security guard. He had a prison record with the needle stuck on repeat. He got caught when he was filmed loading a Ford Tranny with the design office CAD workstations. He forgot to switch off the CCTV!!

To be fair you shouldn't have named BARRY MASON. He may be innocent.

If the parcel was addressed to you personally with your name on the package not just your works name address then it is the responsibility of the courier company if it goes missing as they have not delivered it to the correct person. If it has your name on it then it should be you and no one else who signs for it. As far as the courier company goes they have not dleivered it to its destination.

Chewie - I'm not accusing Barry of theft at all, rather he's foolishly misplaced it or got someone to collect it on my behalf without recording their details. I spoke to him today and he said that someone had collected it, but 'he can't remember who'. Great. Got a colleague to ask around the floor but no luck so far. :(

Imi - No mate, how was I to know it was delivered when I didn't receive any notice of a parcel being delivered!?? I asked Paul Whiffin but he was away at the time and said it should of been with me Friday. With Christmas break and all and the delays with postage, I thought I'd give it a little longer like common sense would suggest.

Supra650 - Thanks mate, but I still doubt I have any ground to stand upon. If the security guards didn't let them in to hand deliver it, which they won't, then it's surely not their fault.

Here's hoping it turns up. I'm fucking mad!

Greg

Imi - No mate, how was I to know it was delivered when I didn't receive any notice of a parcel being delivered!?? I asked Paul Whiffin but he was away at the time and said it should of been with me Friday. With Christmas break and all and the delays with postage, I thought I'd give it a little longer like common sense would suggest.

Thats unfortunate timing.....hope you find it Greg.

Is it actually on the way to you or is it still at the Grange (you do work for Zurich don't you?)... I'm on my way up to Brum tonight, so I can bring it with me if that'll be faster for you? (I know what their internal post's like)...

Is it actually on the way to you or is it still at the Grange (you do work for Zurich don't you?)... I'm on my way up to Brum tonight, so I can bring it with me if that'll be faster for you? (I know what their internal post's like)...

Hi Pot,

Thanks mate! Do you work at Zurich too then? I think somebody is already on the case with it anyway, but thank you very much pal. :0

Greg

I used to a couple of years ago, I was in ZIFA at Eagle Tower, and the Grange (And everywhere else they decided to send me), but thankfully I saw the light and escaped :) My sister's still working there, so that's how I could have got hold of it... No worries though, if there's any problems with their post feel free to give me a shout, it'll probably end up in Swindon now!...