The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lowered the supe, at last

Marty

Ive had some gab coilovers bangin about for a few months, i put some effort in to actually putting them on over the weekend/today. Pictures arent too hot im afraid but theres a noticable difference, expecially on the rear, going to have to raise it a bit i think, the exhaust is lower than a snakes spuds in one section.

The supe isnt back on the road yet ( been doing a single conversion), im still yet to map it properly, wire the wideband up, put the other clear indicator on, and jam the active spoiler back on the bumper, although there isnt alot of room now that 3row is behind there :blink:

1st two pics are before lowering, one a year ago, and one as i was about to start, and the other two are after.

Just needs a good polish now, its not been washed since march :hide: but thats because its been off the road :p

before lowering.JPG

supehigh.JPG

fcukin low exhaust.JPG

supe low.JPG

Looks good matey, i hope your exhaust has got a warranty ? as you may nee one soon :D

I bought this one off garetheves, its already had a plate welded in, in the same bit, where its been scraping, if this stainless plate doesnt hold up i'll have to get a titanium one put it ;)

Nearly there eh? :)

Had exactly the same problem with my exhuast, in the end I rotated dp/mp flange a little so the mp didn't drop so low. Not sure if your exhaust has one, but the middle support bar on my RSR could be bent to raise the centre section up a few inches too.

How much is it lowerd from standard mate? Mines lowerd 20mm i think, I don't get any scraping at all. looking good tho :thumbs:

Dont know mate, i just put the coilovers on as they were set, its brought the back down about an inch, if not more, and the fronts come down only a little, ride feels better though and all ive done is reverse it off my drive :)

Nearly there eh? :)

Had exactly the same problem with my exhuast, in the end I rotated dp/mp flange a little so the mp didn't drop so low. Not sure if your exhaust has one, but the middle support bar on my RSR could be bent to raise the centre section up a few inches too.

Not far off now mate yeah, got slight misfire like you, but am putting it down to my newly installed fcd (set wrong) or ive knackered the plugs by it running so rich when i first run it.

How you getting on with yours now? all sorted?

Yup my exhaust has the middle support bar, but i think im going to struggle to get the exhaust higher, mainly because the midpipe is putting downward pressure on the back section of the exhaust. Think im going to have to live with it, just raise the back a little higher and go over speed bumps very slowly :)