The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wiper arms

Golddigga

At the base of each wiper is a plastic cap. Gently pry that off with a flat bladed screw driver with a couple of layers of masking tape wrapped around (that should stop you from scratching anything) Then there's something like a M8 or M10 nut. Undo that and then pull the wiper off of it's mount. They're splined on so it can be pretty tight on there, but just give it a good heave and it'll come off.

I stripped mine back using some sandpaper (working down to about 800 grit) and them sprayed them with an aerosol grey primer from the local motorfactors, and then just sprayed them with some matt black aerosol. Make sure that they're fully dry before trying to re-fit them (leave them overnight to be totally sure) and jobs a good 'un!

I just tore a hole in some newspaper, poked the arm through and masked off the area, with extra old bedsheets over the bonnet and roof for good measure.

Far simpler.

I just fitted new ones, even simpler :)

If anyone wants prices for new wiper arms, give me a shout.

If it was me i would remove them as per Tlicense reply.

Then i would strip the paint off with nitromoors to take it back to bare metal.

Then apply a few coast of etch primer followed by your chosen colour.

An alternative to painting is powdercoating or you can buy some new ones fairly cheaply too.

I just tore a hole in some newspaper, poked the arm through and masked off the area, with extra old bedsheets over the bonnet and roof for good measure.

Far simpler.

i would do that rub em down and respray i mean there only wiper arms, who ever says oohhh i like your wiper arms lol

i would do that rub em down and respray i mean there only wiper arms, who ever says oohhh i like your wiper arms lol

Yeah, but if they looked shit everyone would be saying "oohhf what happened to your wiper arms?" Or even worse, "why's there overspray on your bonnet/windscreen?" ;)