The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgent help requested: front seat

stevie_b

I know it's a long shot on New Year's day, but I'm asking for a bit of help as soon as possible...

I'm trying to change the cushions on the driver's seat. But I don't know how the seat height adjustment knob comes off (see photo: http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/stevie-b/frontseatmarkedup.jpg)

Any ideas anyone? I've tried prising the centre cap of the knob off, but I just ended up breaking my screwdriver.

I've just tried pulling and levering. It absolutely doesn't want to budge. Are you sure that's how it comes off? When I've been levering it against the black plastic trim, I've seen that the shaft has a weird piece of wire surrounding it, kind of like a clip. But it's position means that it's extremely difficult to get the wire off. I don't even know what the wire's attached to.

Any ideas?

Is it a circlip?

(look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, the eyes, you're under....

you will remove all the seat motor parts and drive cogs and post them to me, when you awake you will have always known that your drivers seat does not move at all....3, 2, 1 you're back in the room)

hah ha! :) I like your style! Not 100% sure what a circlip is, but I think it might be one. It's a circular metal clip where you have to unhook one end from a notch on the shaft to get it to unclip.

I had this problem too, more like a wire clip. Easy when you've found it ;)

Rob:

(look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, the eyes, you're under....

you will realise that you don't need the motors or drive cogs at all, but instead you need another set of plastic trim for the front seats. Luckily for you, there is a set for sale here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=94542

....3, 2, 1 you're back in the room)

hah ha! :) I like your style! Not 100% sure what a circlip is, but I think it might be one. It's a circular metal clip where you have to unhook one end from a notch on the shaft to get it to unclip.

Circlips have little flat ends with a pinhole in. You use a pair of "circlip pliers" to open out, or squeeze down the clip, dependent on application.

I don't know about seat trims but I've stopped smoking and now have a more powerful and longer erection.