The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fmic - what do i need?

Guest mk47

Im buying a fmic this week some time, need to know what i need in order to have it all fitted and working properly..

apart from the obvious - the intercooler, pipes, silicone hoses, clamps..

what else? i dont know if im right but im sure i read somewhere that something needs to be moved or relocated?

At least some of that would depend on which fmic you are buying. Also, is it just a single IC or is it part of a kit?

more than likely going to be one of the xs power ones, and its just the ic on its own iirc and then pipes to be found on ebay.

You'll also want to get a bov mounted on the pipes somewhere.

This is not needed, the stock one can cope fine :)

You may need to relocate your overflow reservoir like I did, so will need a smaller bottle!! You will also need a smaller set of Power Steering cooler lines. I put mine snugly underneath so they still get a fresh stream of cold air flow under the bumper.

I remember having to cut my front wing as well to fit the pipe on the drivers side

You will need supra specific pipes as well, its all a tight squeeze and some bits are nasty, but you will get there :)

This is not needed, the stock one can cope fine :)

You may need to relocate your overflow reservoir like I did, so will need a smaller bottle!! You will also need a smaller set of Power Steering cooler lines. I put mine snugly underneath so they still get a fresh stream of cold air flow under the bumper.

I remember having to cut my front wing as well to fit the pipe on the drivers side

You will need supra specific pipes as well, its all a tight squeeze and some bits are nasty, but you will get there :)

ive already got a sard bov in the stock location, so would that be ok?

thats what i was asking when i said something needs relocating - the overflow resevoir - where can i get one? if i were to go for the 2nd intercooler (not the greddy) where do i get the rest of the bits needed? also whats this about power steering cooler lines? im all confused i thought at first all i need is a fmic and pipes lol :blink: