The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South Wales Hijack of Tatsu meet - 19th Jan

vvteye

:cry:

Typical. I get the new toy and the when the 1st meet is palnned, I will be away! I start back on the 10th so will be away for 3 weeks.

I suppose thats the crap thing about my job having a couple of weeks on, a couple off...

Oh well, I am sure I will attend someday in the near future...

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with the hijack, (assuming you can beat the 76 cars attending? ;) ).

Be good to see you there Jody, should be a few people you already know. :)

Alex B

John what's the plan on the old convoy, i just know we're going to England somewhere??:p

If we meet at the Magor Services M4 - J23A we can all leave from there. Over the new bridge, hook a right and sort of around that bit.... We could pull in once on the M5 to pick up Jody or meet him there.

Just the timing to work out. Whats best for everyone?

Well, the tatsu people are meetin at the Gordano Services (Junction 19 M5 Motorway - portishead) for 7-8pm, so I reckon from the magor services it cant be much more than 20 minutes or so to J19 M5.

All depends if we want to be early or not.

How about meet at Magor for 7ish, aiming to leave by 715 to reach Gordano for roughly 730ish depending on how spirited the driving gets!

This just in from the Tatsu Site:

**IMPORTANT**

We have been in contact with the police today, as last year they suggested it would be a good idea to keep them informed when a big gathering like this is happening.

They are happy for us to hold the meet, but know the route we will be taking so expect to see a lot of police along the way. On this note, please could everyone drive within the law and be sensible, we will be drawing enough attention to ourselves without driving recklessly.

The route we will be taking is:

*From Gordano services, onto the M5 heading northbound.

*Leave M5 at junction 15, join M4, signposted London

*Leave the M4 at junction 19, then at roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the M32, (signposted Bristol)

*Leave the M32 at junction 1 (signposted Ring Road), then at roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A4174 (signposted Ring Road, Kingswood, Frenchay)

*At Bromley Heath roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A4174 (signposted Ring Road, Bath A4)

*At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A4174 (signposted Ring Road, Bath A4)

*At Lyde Green Roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A4174

*At The Rosary roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A4174 (signposted Kingswood, Warmley A420)

*At Dramway roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A4174 (signposted Ring Road, Bath A4

*At Siston Hill roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A4174 (signposted Ring Road, Bath A4)

*At Deanery Road roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A4174 (signposted Ring Road, Bath A4)

*At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A4174 (signposted Ring Road)

*At Kingsfield roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A4174 (signposted Ring Road, Bath, Bristol A4)

*At Hicks Gate roundabout take the 1st exit onto Keynsham By Pass - A4 (signposted Bath)

*At Broadmead roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Bath Road - A4

*Continue forward onto Bath Road - A4. Entering Saltford

**Warning: Speed Cameras along the A4**

*At roundabout take the 1st exit onto Bristol Road - A4 (signposted Bath)

*Turn left onto Newbridge Road - A4

*Arrive at BA1 3NB,Bath

It's not as complicated as it looks!

Alternatively, go to http://www.theaa.com

from Gordano Service Area to BA1 3NB

And print out the directions.

Hi guys

Look forward to seeing you on Friday - when you enter Gordano Services please be aware of the rather vicious speed hump, slow and steady should see you okay!

It's gonna be a big meet so please take care!

Be good to catch up with some of you guys!;)

Hi guys

Look forward to seeing you on Friday - when you enter Gordano Services please be aware of the rather vicious speed hump, slow and steady should see you okay!

It's gonna be a big meet so please take care!

Be good to catch up with some of you guys!;)

Will be good to see you too. Keep us 7 parking spaces!!!:innocent:

Hello

There is one speed hump!:p

Also, the need for keeping within the legal speed limits and behaving ourselves is for the good of the Club and the safety of its members and the members of the public!

The Meet is also attracting a fair bit of attention on other forums so we don't want to put future meets in jeopardy!:)