Anyone used evo 8 brembo brakes

cleland

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tryed to get some uk supra brakes no one had any, but these calipers came up and had done 800 miles.

Sounds like an excellent buy and they look pretty good. I am just a bit weary running brakes that were not designed for a superfast car like a Supra (weight + other factors - those experienced will probably be able to add to this).

Mind you, your brembos are off an EVO - I think they weigh the same as the supra, so looking foward to your feedback on these.

how did you get the mounting brakets and spacers to fit? did you make them yourself??

Yes alan, got all clearances equal either side of the caliper,

as one hole lines up with the caliper, measured for the spacers

and machined a block up to run across the back, held by lower original mounting hole and the one that lines up, the third hole for the bottom bolt is part of the block.

Its not a hard job just double check all measurements.

As for the mount i just made it a bit bigger than the ones i have bought in kits.