The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my new gzaerojon front and rear lights

squiffy

well they have been on the car a while now but only just got round to doing the pics:d

i had the insides sprayed silver to match the body and the clear lens conversion on the rear.

i like the rears as they are different but im not 100%. i am keeping an eye out for uk rears to maybe go for a full clear lens conversion;)

also got rid of the front indicators while i was at it:)

honest opinions please!

How did you get rid of the front indicator?

Are they in the front lights, if so how did you get them to blink at the right rate as mine blink too fast. Did you colour the bulb?

Indicators blink fast if one of the bulbs on the same side is blown, how did you wire them?

Or the resistance is wrong :D

I have all three bulbs working but rewired the front indicators to the small pod built into the headlight, it uses a different bulb type which is also not avail in orange :(

I would be interested to hear how other people have done this.

cheers for the comments guys:)

is that a Bomex wide mouth front end..?

sure is matey

How did you get rid of the front indicator?

its in the side light now, i used the bulbs in the link below. they flash ok

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Amber-Bulb-921-10mm-Wedge-Base-21-Watts_W0QQitemZ160056914298QQihZ006QQcategoryZ72233QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I love both the front and rears mate.

Clear rears might look better, but I think honestly they'd look a little OTT. Looks modern and crisp as they are.

Fronts are very nice too. Good work from good old Mr Jon. ;)

Greg

Im with you, I like both as well, think with the rears all silver it looks more OTT, there a loads of pics on here with silver cars and all clear rear lights. Its cleaner then normal but not too modified if you get my drift.......

Guest gzaerojon

i forgot about these ;)

i was really chuffed when i fitted the rears, it felt better fitting them than sending them out in the post :D

looks good Ryan :thumbs: (i'm not just saying that :p)

Guest gzaerojon
Sorry for the hijack Le Squiff, but John have you done a set of the Abflug light conversion yet ?

I'm doing a set for a member at the moment, I'm just waiting for the Japanese instructions to be translated, then I'll be starting on them.

it looks to me like the lens center section on the original j-specs has to me cut away to keep the lip that fits in the headlight back, then bonded on :blink:

still looking forward to starting them though :)