The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Christmas Day Again......

Suprash

Well its Christmas day for me today......again. I get to pick my baby up tonight after work from Phoenix. Firstly I would like to say I have been hugely impressed with Mark at Phoenix. I have now had my car worked on by a few of the traders, Miami, Leon Green (cant even remember his company name now), Mark Kindell and I can honestly say depsite Mark being on his own over the last couple of weeks he has gone out of his way to always talk with me on the phone. It was nice to have someone that actually wants to keep hold of your car a few days longer to not rush a job and put the effort in to do a good job, instead of just taking your money and doing what has to be done.

I was even able to phone him when I realised my MOT ran out and the next day he had phoned me to say a new ticket was also ready for collection, its no biggy doing a MOT but its another last minute surprise that he was able to over come, even the hassle with me not able to pick her up until late tonight he will drive back to work so I can collect her.

I have had a full Hyrbid rebuild by Envy, another trader I have been impressed with after my current Hybrids had bearing failures after 15,000 miles, which I havent been impressed with and has consequently cost me a small fortune to just go hybrid, but I guess you learn who is reliable and who you steer clear of.

I would like to also like thank Colin (colsoop) for his polishing efforts with all my turbo pipe work and associated bits, made sense to get it all done in one hit and he turned all the parts around in good time and even carried the courier costs himself. I read somewhere that you might not be able to keep up this work due to income, which would be a shame as your work seems to be of a very high quality. Im sure I will have some more stuff soon for you once I get the car back and spot the little things that can still be done.

I have also ordered a full Samco hose kit, couplings and clamps, to basically it should all look like new under the bonnet. Im feeling like that kid on Christmas eve again and the thought at finally seeing my girl, sitting there ticking over waiting for me to enjoy the delights of Supra ownership on the nice long drive back from Watford to Basingstoke.

I know I have to give the Hybrids a few hundred miles to bed in at least but keeping her on minimal boost will be very hard.

After 5 years of ownership, 3 sets of turbos and numerous mods and work along the way, this modding game really doesnt get tiresome, in fact I feel like Im only just starting out and wonder where the last 5 years has gone, I have obviously been enjoying myself.........so

Phoenix,

Envy,

and Colin image

No, Im still on 440's, but had a dyno with the hybrids before they failed and she always seems to be over fueled.........so not sure why the 440's arent maxed out yet, but they dont seem to be.....

But 550's are next, missed a set off Ebay for £30 a few weeks back, albeit they hadnt been cleaned and tested, but for £30......

No, Im still on 440's, but had a dyno with the hybrids before they failed and she always seems to be over fueled.........so not sure why the 440's arent maxed out yet, but they dont seem to be.....

But 550's are next, missed a set off Ebay for £30 a few weeks back, albeit they hadnt been cleaned and tested, but for £30......

I could have sworn you had UK 550's... don't know why I thought that lol

Mine are maxed out at 1.2 bar - i'm waiting for some big ones 'till I go single though :eyebrows:

Well I picked her up last night. It was quite strange at first, its been 4 weeks since I last sat in her and she felt all strange at first, but I soon slipped back into her like an old comfy glove.

Everything feels so much tighter, like you have just swapped your misses for some 18 year old :D Can definitly tell the turbos are doing what they should be now, although I havent given them more then .8 yet, but I forgot how effortlessly (sp?) the Supra travelled at speed. Sat on the motorway with my mate behind me doing 80, so I squeezes the throttle ever so slightly and withim seconds my mate is car lengths away behind me trying to catch up in his 1.6.

And to pop the hood and see shiny bits drapped everywhere was just like well, visual sex. Cant wait to give her a good wash and clean but am in work all day to day and then leaving for Bristol straight after when I finish, but at least I get some more motorway miles in her.......think I could have actually slept in her last night and been happy lol.

Again a massive thanks to Phoenix, I now they wont read this, but my car really does feel new again.

Biggest lesson I have learnt, dont go cheap on your hoses boys. Even the hose for the master break cylinder, cant remember exactly where it goes but this pipe has now been raplaced with the correct type of hose instead of it being just a bit of silicone hose and already the breaks feel so much tighter.

MRB, have you banked that cheque for your strut brace.

I will get some pics up later today when its lighter out on my phone camera, so excuse the 1.3mp, but you'll get the idea....

Sounds great! :thumbs: Bet you can't wait for some decent road conditions!

[/said in my Doc Brown, Back to the Future voice]

"Where we're going we dont need decent road conditions"

[/said in my Doc Brown, Back to the Future voice]

Yeah, but I have to give her a few hundred miles to bed in first.......but then Im sure I'll be able to 1bar her down the duallys.......

Envy, got to say the turbos are feeling very tight so far :blink: , Im impressed, just hope this feeling keeps on going......and no nasty surprises........

Im still getting the creaking though and we think this is now down to geometry, as he noticed one track rod end is done up a lot further then the other side. He reckons where its been alligned before to get it straight, for instance to get the wheels straight they needed to make up 1, and instead of making up .5 on one side and .5 on the other they have made 1 one side. He was trying to explain it to me last night and geometry is very indepth when you start getting into the nitty gritty of it, but basically he thinks the wheels arent working in relation to each other, and when Im putting her on full lock to park for instance one side it turning more then the other and its putting stress onto the front sub frame and causing things to creak. She pulls a little to the right at the moment but stilll drives like a dream as far as Im concerned, or shall I say what Im used to lol. She will be booked in for this Im hoping by the end of next week and its only £100 so will get it done asap.......

Just really want to get everything tidied up unde there now.......need to:

* Get the cam cover and fan shroud sprayed.

* Bling tops for the fuse box cover and that other box on the left along with P/S polished cap and break fluid cap. Also a top rad hose.

Colsoop - You said you have my batt clamp which your doing which is ok, you said you also had my clutch resevoir sheild, but thats still on the car ??? Mark also said last night he sent you a small clip that holds the throttle cable, have you got this ?

Also Im not sure why but the small vacum pipe work he didnt send to you for chroming/polishing, you can see it in the pics still black so I need that doing at some point please.

Also the rad expansion tank, I need to get this sorted as so far I have a polished tank just sat down the side of the battery and its not mounted properly, but I want to get a proper small one, I have seen them about but dont know where people get them ? Or does anyone know a better idea ?

Colsoop - You said you have my batt clamp which your doing which is ok, you said you also had my clutch resevoir sheild, but thats still on the car ??? Mark also said last night he sent you a small clip that holds the throttle cable, have you got this ?

Also Im not sure why but the small vacum pipe work he didnt send to you for chroming/polishing, you can see it in the pics still black so I need that doing at some point please.

Hi Ash, i hope you are happy with the work ?

I will get some battery clamps ordered first thing on Tuesday and get one to the chromers as soon as.

The clutch heatshield i sent back as it gets very hot in the engine bay around that area and i didn't want you to boil your clutch fluid :D, i have a spare which i already chromed for you, sat here at the moment.:)

Do you mean the small clip that attaches to the cam covers ?

I taped it to the side of the cam cover when i packaged it all up although i didn't chrome it, i wasn't aware you wanted it doing, when it turns up send it top me and i will get it chromed.

No problem with the small boost pipework, i was expecting that with the other bits to be honest and when it didn't arrive i was suprised, It is quite a job to get it off though !

Thank you for your business Ash keep it clean !:D

Mate Im very happy with it........:D

To be honest mate Im not sure what small clip Mark is exactly on about so will double check with him prob next week now.

So when you send the batt clamp and heat sheild I will just return whats on the car at the moment........

Mate Im very happy with it........:D

To be honest mate Im not sure what small clip Mark is exactly on about so will double check with him prob next week now.

So when you send the batt clamp and heat sheild I will just return whats on the car at the moment........

You don't need to send the battery clamp back but if you could return the clutch shield that would be good. :)