The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1000bhp engine build

JamieP

Good find Jamie! - are any bits in there you may have forgotten to do in your build having watched this?

Very interesting for the mere mortal!

I was surprised to hear them say that every other component in the stock bottom end is good for "a couple of hundered horsepower" :blink: makes you wonder if they know as much as they portray...

Did you find a final vid of them running the car?

Looking at the date on the last vid :

Added December 29, 2006

I'm guessing it's a recent thing?...

But regardless, I know they're after a 'bulletproof' 1000 bhp engine, but does it really need that much work?...

(I bet they were gutted when they only got 500ish though, should have gone single...)

But at least all of the parts are 'Super-Trick :)'

Can't remember tbh, but I'm under the impression that the single gives more power, or are they after a 1ft Turbo, with a big 2nd, to reduce the lag?... As I thought the bottom end could handle 1000bhp??? So why the fuss about the pistons and piston rings, and all of the other waffle???...

There using two t3/t4 hybrids, i enjoyed the vids very much jamie :cool: 500bhp@ the wheels is not bad going at 10psi infact thats damn good :) i agree they would have made more power by going for a single but i think the point is that they want it to be a good all round car and more trackable as such from what i see :cool: 1g of lateral shouldn't be a problem with that set up infact i believe the stock car holds 0.98g lateral in stock form :eyebrows: :cool: :).

Also think like someone else said the couple of hundred thing is very tonge in check imo, realiably the supra stock block can take 800bhp if looked after and tuned correctly but it can always be improved upon as both jamie and i and others have done when the chance arrives :cool:

Good vids :) :)