The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japanese Imports

ben1985

Hi People, I am hoping to get myself a Supra TT sometime in January to February. I have been keeping an eye on the market through autotrader etc. to see what sort of cars turn up for sale.

I then found a website that has a fairly consistent collection of Supras that have all been imported from Japan. These cars always look more appealing, as they are well priced and always have fairly low miles.

I have spoken to other people about it and have been told to be very careful with Jap imports, as they can be stolen or dodgy and they dont normally come with any paper work.

What are your opinions on this? Do any of you have cars that have been imported from Japan?

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, but I am literally throwing ALL my money at this car so want to cover all my bases!!

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Do any of you have cars that have been imported from Japan?

Duck:d

Become a paid up member, read up as much as you can on here, and talk to one of the importers / traders (they are a very trustworthy bunch) on here about buying.

Hello and welcome by the way:)

Do any of you have cars that have been imported from Japan?

Most of us do, there are very few UK spec owners on here. But saying that, most of the imported cars have been in the country for a number of years and aren't fresh imports.

With an imported car you're very unlikely to get a service history, inaccurate mileages just like on any other car.

Jurgen will give you the best advice.

CJ a trader on here and long time upstanding member of the club, has a very good reputation for supplying quality cars too :)

Not only that, but CJ a trader on here and long time upstanding member of the club, has a very good reputation for supplying quality cars too.

Best Welsh Supra dealer on here, baa none.

There is absolutley nothing wrong buying a Jap Import if you buy the correct Grade and from a good dealer,

Most of the bad things you hear about Jap Imports are from people who do not own an import or have never owned one and do not have a clue what they are talking about,

Myself or anyone else on here who has owned imports for over the last 7 years or so will vouch for that

Most Supes are all imports anyway (unless you are lucky and find a good UK TT of course)

"Personally" i only like to buy "fresh imports" but each to their own .

just make sure you buy a clean one and have it serviced and C/B changed immediatley and buy a decent Speedo Converter (the one you can calibrate)

Screw them all, use Autotrader or better yet eBay . :D (just a joke of course)

Or try ********* and speak to ****

Take note of all this pimping ****! :D

Surely I will get a massive discount when I go single! ;)

Yeah, dream on, maybe a little break on the VAT :D

Or try http://www.whifbitz.co.uk and speak to Paul

Take note of all this pimping Paul! :D

Surely I will get a massive discount when I go single! ;)

You tart Stef :D I thought you had got the single out of your head for a while :)

As mentioned before Jurgen also imports quality cars. I got mine a few months ago from him and it is excellent.

See http://www.jm-imports.co.uk for current stock and examples of previously imported vehicles.

Mark

Wow, thanks for all the replies!!

I have saved your jm-imports website and JC I will contact you soon if that is OK?

I am definitely more interested in getting an import that is already in the country, as I have wanted a Supra since I was about 12, so now I can afford the car (and more to the point the insurance!!) I am keen to get one that I can touch and see for real and not have to wait for the shipping time!

Also, give me some time and I will introduce myself properly as I am really interested in meeting up with some other Supra owners!

So until then, have a great new year everyone!

Ben

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but thought it was a better to do this than start a whole new one!!

Just wondering if anyone has had experience of using say AA or RAC vehicle checks on J-spec imported Supras?

I normally use RAC vehicle check on cars that I buy, just really to give me extra piece of mind and especially if I am spending a lot of money on a car.

I was just checking what you lots personal opinion / experience of using such methods is?? Or is it like Toyota garages where they may not really know what they are looking for and therefore be a waste of money?

Any thoughts welcomed!!

Cheers

Ben