The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ok so who's done it this winter!!

silvershark44

i did in june but thats not winter so far ive nailed every arse end out in style one was in front of a skyline and he turned round and said i made it look like i do it all the time, so i was quite impressed he tried to get it on his video phone but never managed in time was gutted BTW that was at the so called newcastle meet. anyway i hope i dont for the rest of the winter (touch wood)

I did last winter (When I first bought her), but I'm a touch more careful this winter, I've had her sideways a few times, and pulled some nice drifts too :) - Thankfully It's not as bad as last year (So far), and I like to think I'm more 'qualified'...

Good luck to everyone however, and make sure you take care!...

do you lot drive around with the traction control turned off by default?

All the time, but I don't get the Supra sideways unless I want to, and I can assure you that's never going around a roundabout or on a slip road :D

My car is one of the ones with the progressive throttle option fitted. I can control the amount of power available by varying the pressure with my right foot, rather than lots of Supras which just obviously just have an on/off switch ;)

Yes I always drive around with the TC switched off by default......

But I have never had my arse over take my front end, in fact the thought of it just rings ££££'s in my head, so I hope it never happens. I would like to say I have had the car long enough now to know when she will start to slip, so I just drive it up to or near that point. Of course there is the odd occassion where the back will try to step out but a little counter steer and ease offf the throttle slightly and we're still facing the right direction...........thankfully so far..... ;)

I had one scary moment when it had ditchfindertm tyres fitted when I first bought it, but other than that I've never had anything more than a quick wiggle from the back end.... and only then when I'm already aware that I've given it too much right foot. I'm not a good enough driver to be able to go around in the winter with a heavy boot.

Smooth driving and balance is your friend. :)

nope , had plenty of close calls tho where i've had to drive using the passenger or drivers side windows. But i love it and secretly think to myself " i bet everyone who saw that is impressed and secretly wants to make sexy time with me " haha

actually i find quite hard to get the supra out of shape, unless you have the reactions of a sloth.......

there a nice right hand bend near me which leads into a 3 lane road going slightly up hill. all open so visiblilty is good. been practicing getting the back end out when its quiet there and each time getting more more confident. had my mate in the car the other day so decided to show him a bit of my arse end out skills only to over cook it and end up facing the other way. not so bad seeing as it was 3 am.