The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Super Streets & EDFC Fitted.

Tricky-Ricky

Got my Tein Super Streets on yesterday and managed to get the EDFC and wiring done this morning, and all working fine:) trouble is, its done nothing but piss down since i finished so i don't think i'll try testing today:( next to fit is the Blitz SBC i-colour as soon as it gets here from Nic;)

So you got them then mate. I'm just waiting on Miami GT to get their Credit card payment system set up before I order mine. :D

Great pice of kit the Super Street, did you get the pillowball mounts to..? I did not at the time to save costs, and have been told that you can only buy them with the kit, TEIN will not sell them on their own :(

I'm not sure how true this is. Have a look at teins website. They are listed seperately.

So you got them then mate. I'm just waiting on Miami GT to get their Credit card payment system set up before I order mine. :

Yeah decided to go for them without checking them out first, just didn't have the time, and anyway my only alternative was the comfort sport, and AFAIKS the main difference is the valving as they run the same spring rate, also it would of taken six weeks or more to get here.

next to fit is the Blitz SBC i-colour as soon as it gets here from Nic;)

Apologies Dick, it took a week for me to get the boost controller in black and not been able to post out yet. I'll post after New Year when the PO is open again, I'll send by Speedpost instead which only takes 1-3 days to UK, so you should receive later next week.

Apologies Dick, it took a week for me to get the boost controller in black and not been able to post out yet. I'll post after New Year when the PO is open again, I'll send by Speedpost instead which only takes 1-3 days to UK, so you should receive later next week.

Thanks Nic:d you liked the subtle hint then :innocent: seriously though Nic i really didn't expect mega quick at this time of year, that apart from all your troubles with your car, hope you come up with a reasonable solution without breaking the bank.

Just thought i'd post my first impressions of the Tein set up,

out of the box the ride hight is very similar to the suspension that i took off (unknown make) perhaps 15mm higher at the back and 20mm at the front, but i'm sure the springs will settle a bit so no adjustment yet, as for feel and handling, well it was still wet so took things a bit steady, ride was pretty similar to the previous suspension which is good as i wanted comfortable, and in general they are good (i have crap roads in my area):( EDFC is very good and easy to set and change:) on soft damping the ride is good and certainly not uncontrolled, i have settled on just under half way for good A roads, although a firmer setting is not bad but feels unnecessary, turn in seems to have improved a bit so has stability when flicking through opposing bends, unfortunately i didn't notice a real difference in braking, on other cars my old S14 for instance, braking improved markedly when i fitted coil overs, but i think it may be down to the different suspension on the Supra, overall i'm well pleased:) which is good comment coming from a critical bugger like me;)

Just thought i'd post my first impressions of the Tein set up,

out of the box the ride hight is very similar to the suspension that i took off (unknown make) perhaps 15mm higher at the back and 20mm at the front, but i'm sure the springs will settle a bit so no adjustment yet, as for feel and handling, well it was still wet so took things a bit steady, ride was pretty similar to the previous suspension which is good as i wanted comfortable, and in general they are good (i have crap roads in my area):( EDFC is very good and easy to set and change:) on soft damping the ride is good and certainly not uncontrolled, i have settled on just under half way for good A roads, although a firmer setting is not bad but feels unnecessary, turn in seems to have improved a bit so has stability when flicking through opposing bends, unfortunately i didn't notice a real difference in braking, on other cars my old S14 for instance, braking improved markedly when i fitted coil overs, but i think it may be down to the different suspension on the Supra, overall i'm well pleased:) which is good comment coming from a critical bugger like me;)

Got mine ordered at the weekend, went with the braces too after Jody's recommendations - will update when installed.