The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance renewal

dazla

just received my insurance renewal from sky for my import supe.

Its £849, i have eight years no claims but I'm sure i can get it cheaper than that.

Can anyone advise me on some insurance companies to try. Also how much is everyone else paying at the moment, just so i have an idea on what to aim for.:)

Daz, did you try AON as discussed? They came out at £380 for me mate!!

I tried Sky initially and thought they were taking the piss tbh!!.

H.

Oh yes mate i forgot about that. what is AON then?

Is that the full name of the insurance.

That's bloody good though that. I'd be so chuffed if i could get that price.;)

I was insured through Hyperformance some time back and they screwed me for my full £740 premium and then cancelled my policy for non-compliance even though I had the alarm and immobiliser they stipulated fitted at great expense only to be told they no longer recoqnised that particular system. This was some time back but I had to sell that particular car and buy a shed until I recouped some money as I couldn't afford to repeat the premium.:)

Oh yes mate i forgot about that. what is AON then?

Is that the full name of the insurance.

That's bloody good though that. I'd be so chuffed if i could get that price.;)

Daz,

Give this number a ring 01384 552670

AON must be some type of broker as the policy is with Royal Sun Alliance for myself. Max milage is 5K and you must have a CAT1 Thatcham alarm.!!

H.

Daz,

Give this number a ring 01384 552670

AON must be some type of broker as the policy is with Royal Sun Alliance for myself. Max milage is 5K and you must have a CAT1 Thatcham alarm.!!

H.

cheers Buddy. I'll try them tomorrow.

no joy with the hunt yet?

as in previous years, I would be very careful to check exactly what car they have quoted against and that they fully understand the mods AND have them listed on the insurance documents.

Be very sure they are quoting against a 1993+ supra and not a 1993/1992 model. I would ask for the same quote on a 1995 model and see what difference comes back.

Its not the insurance company's responsibility to make sure they have quoted against the right car, and if anything happens to the car they will probably look for any excuse to get out of paying.

If people are coming back considerably cheaper than Sky then we need to have a chat with Sky.

JB

cheers Buddy. I'll try them tomorrow.

no joy with the hunt yet?

Don't go there!! I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket.

Lost out on a silver aerotop on e-bay two weeks ago by £100

Problem was that I was away the weekend that the auction ended. :( Beginning to get a bit pissed off with the whole issue.

CJ has one for me but I've not seen the pictures yet. I want one before Mascrat but there's nothing around but pigs and scammers at the mo!!

H.

Problem was that I was away the weekend that the auction ended. :( Beginning to get a bit pissed off with the whole issue.

CJ has one for me but I've not seen the pictures yet. I want one before Mascrat but there's nothing around but pigs and scammers at the mo!!

H.

I feel your pain dude. i've been thier my self.

never nothing their when you want it.

My mate Andy has just sold that yellow mr2 and bought a white. Its not as nice but theres no telling him. Personally i think he has rushed into it. I know he's going to have problems with it.:rolleyes:

H.

what about this one pal. i'm sure you will of seen it buy now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fast-furious-T...QQcmdZViewItem

:D :d

Jeez if I could get insured for under a grand I'd be over the moon. Paying £1800 with sky, 3 yrs NCB and 3 points at 21yrs young :)

Hoping it will be considerably lower in March

bloody hell matey. Thats really bad. you must really love your supe mate.;)

bloody hell matey. Thats really bad. you must really love your supe mate.;)

Hmmm, I keep telling myself its worth it, but to be honest I've read threads like this before when other people talk about how much they're paying and it really gets me down..can't help but feel I've been ripped off by sky??

When the policy runs out in March I'm going to spend a whole weekend ringing round and I'm determined to get it for under £1000 :cool:

Hmmm, I keep telling myself its worth it, but to be honest I've read threads like this before when other people talk about how much they're paying and it really gets me down..can't help but feel I've been ripped off by sky??

When the policy runs out in March I'm going to spend a whole weekend ringing round and I'm determined to get it for under £1000 :cool:

good luck mate. your gona need it.;)

Not sure if I feel sorry for you or not. I am now 32 so my insurance should be cheaper due to experience.!!

When I was 21 I couldn't even dream of having a 3L group 19 car and had no chance of affording £1800 for insurance.

As Dazla said "You must love your Supe".

H.

Not sure if I feel sorry for you or not. I am now 32 so my insurance should be cheaper due to experience.!!

When I was 21 I couldn't even dream of having a 3L group 19 car and had no chance of affording £1800 for insurance.

As Dazla said "You must love your Supe".

H.

lol, I'm not after sympathy mate I'd much prefer cheaper insurance ;)

I am lucky to be in a position to own and insure a TT and its all down to my own hard work, wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth :p