The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bpu question

boromfccup

If you are Jspec it is best to do 1.2 bar, you might not even hit 1.2 bar after a full decat.

If you are UK spec then you do not need a RR just an BC.

Hi james am i right in thinking that on the jspecs if you were to put a 1.0 bar rr in you wouldnt be able to raise the boost to 1.2 bar with an ebc anyway.

cheers chris.

Hi james am i right in thinking that on the jspecs if you were to put a 1.0 bar rr in you wouldnt be able to raise the boost to 1.2 bar with an ebc anyway.

cheers chris.

iirc I think you cant, but I aint sure tbh just always go for the tried and tested which is the 1.2 bar RR and then BC too or at a later date.

am i right in thinking that on the jspecs if you were to put a 1.0 bar rr in you wouldnt be able to raise the boost to 1.2 bar with an ebc anyway.

No, that's incorrect.

With an EBC you could raise the boost regardless of restrictor ring or even cats. It's not a good idea to do it with the cats in though.

so is that best a 1.0 bar rr and an ebc to raise it to 1.2 max

It's not a question of best, but of what suits you and your driving style, however, if you have j spec tubbies, then this maybe the better of the two options to, maybe, (as there are NO guarantees) to prolong the life of your tubbies.

so is that best a 1.0 bar rr and an ebc to raise it to 1.2 max

This would be my preferred set up, as it gives you more control of the boost. In the winter you will see slightly higher boost than in the summer, so the Electronic Boost Controller gives you the control to adjust peak boost as desired or the option of reducing boost back to 1.0-1.1bar if needed.

A good quality EBC also allows you to set up the gain, which will increase the speed the turbos spool up. Some EBC's also allow you to set boost against speed signal, so you can maximise boost through each gear, ie. you can get peak boost in 1st gear and 6th gear. Without the EBC you would need to set peak boost for higher gears and which would produce lower boost through lower gears.

If you need any recommendations on which EBC to go for and prices, please let me know.