The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Needing the experts advice

Matt _Aero top_

You shouldnt need any hangers no as it fits on the original mounts... Ideally a new gasket would be the best bet, but if your stuck good old silicon sealer or an exhaust gasket paste will do the job fine...

Now the flat on the back box... If its slight i wouldnt worry too much as thatll be the first thing you you with a brand new one...

The pipes are actually mild steel which is why they rust from the inside out, Ide be looking at general condition... And if you can shake the backbox to see if there is anything moving inside.. If theres anything more than soot etc ie what feels like loose bits inside it ide stay well clear... (usually baffels braking up.)

You shouldnt need any hangers no as it fits on the original mounts... Ideally a new gasket would be the best bet, but if your stuck good old silicon sealer or an exhaust gasket paste will do the job fine...

Now the flat on the back box... If its slight i wouldnt worry too much as thatll be the first thing you you with a brand new one...

The pipes are actually mild steel which is why they rust from the inside out, Ide be looking at general condition... And if you can shake the backbox to see if there is anything moving inside.. If theres anything more than soot etc ie what feels like loose bits inside it ide stay well clear... (usually baffels braking up.)

Cheers buddie the thing is i can't actually go see the exhaust as ts abit too far away , i'm having to put my trust into another fellow member on here and hoping i don't get stung !

Found a receipt for the exhaust it was bought end of 2000, the exhaust inside apears to be in good condition and not falling apart like mine did, the only trouble with it is on the under side where the car apears to have grounded out an put a flat on the bend just before it goes into the backbox, its not leaking just dont look the part but as its under the car it will never be seen. I have the same flats on my dragger fitted on my car so apears to be a common problem. I Dont want you to feel I am misleading you so I posted up in here for all to see with the pic attached of the underside therefore you can get others opinions. I'll be polishing the back box up aswell so it looks like new for you;)

hope this helps

john

Are you sure this exhaust is for a mkiv supra??

Looks very much like a mkiii to me because of the bend in the pipe just behind the back box is too sharp. The mkiv exhaust does not have this bend.

100% took it off myself just the way the pics been taken i guess pluss the exhaust is upside down