The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tips needed about buying an import

bridlea

Just trying to find out all the info about buying an imported car. Will a Haynes manual be any good to use when carrying out jobs on the car or will i have to buy a different manual? How easy is it to find out about the history about the car? Any other tips for buying one would be most appreciated, thanks!

Guest Bainesy36

Hi there and welcome.

I'm in the same position as you and I am in contact with CJ off the forum about importing a supra. CJ is a top bloke and will guide you through the process of importing from Japan. Send him a PM and he will help you out!

Good luck,

Nige.

Just trying to find out all the info about buying an imported car. Will a Haynes manual be any good to use when carrying out jobs on the car or will i have to buy a different manual? How easy is it to find out about the history about the car? Any other tips for buying one would be most appreciated, thanks!

Start with reading the FAQ section here and learn as much as you can before buying.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Any subjects you want to find info about, try using the search feature on the forum, you'll probably find loads of threads on all aspects of the Supra.

Anything else you can't find then ask away.

The best thing to do, would be to see if there is a knowledgeable member local to the car you are viewing, that can accompany you and give it the once over.

As already said mate pretty much everything you need to know has been covered before, just check out the search button.;)

Essentially there's not a huge amount of difference between Jspec and UK. Aside from different tubbies, brakes and injectors the car is more or less the same.

You'll find that pretty much all the Sup's you're looking at are imports. All N/A's are imports too in case you didn't already know. :cool: