The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice 93 Uk Spec Tt

nige

A mate of mine went to look at a 93 L uk spec tt auto today,the guys looking for 8k just wanting your opinions guys or does any body know this car,it is in the dalkeith area in midlothian scotland,silver in colour he says it is minted! milage is 69k which i thought was a bit on the low side for a uk car of this year,it has had 8 previous owners part service history,oh and the good bit the valve stems need replaced,how much for that wee job,what do you think guys.

Speak to CJ or Jurgen here and they'll help you find the best car ever for your cash ;)

Please walk away. I spent £8k on my K reg 93 and even though it was in good nick, it needed new brakes, radiator etc. Trust me, you'll find far, far better mate.

Good luck and keep us posted here.

Greg

a UK car with only part history would be a serious worry. You can hide the miles so easily on the supra (although the valve stem seals would suggest high mileage or a bigger problem there)

I would check the MOTs and see what the mileage was as they were done, and also check the servicing manual and see where it was serviced and find out what the last known mileage was that they saw.

With 8 owners but only 60,000 miles it sounds a bit iffy. Its now 13 years old which should be 130,000 miles. You could accept that one or two owners hardly drove it but I doubt they would all have been enthusiasts...

JB

Pig, come on, £8k for a 93 Auto? Mine was fully BPU with hybrids and engine rebuild only last year but I wouldn't pay that now!

Plus, with only a part history other things could be going wrong like the crank damper which I forgot to mention I had to have mine replaced at £190 + Labour.

Others will come my friend..................

There was a mint white Uk Auto with 70k and FSH went for £6500 earlier this month. I had a really good chat with the guy, he was 60 and had had it for 5 years. He felt he'd underpriced it but had bought a replacement vehicle and just needed to let it go as he was sruggling to get in it.

This one does not sound like a good deal, especially as it needs work aswell.

Walk Away!!!

H.

I payed more than £8k for my 93 (L reg) j-spec auto tt GZ with 46k miles in july. its in excellent condition and came with jap service history. It didnt have any engine mods which is what I wanted but had a top secret front bumper and a trd spoiler and although it was the most expensive soop their I was happy as everything was imaculate. I also got 12months tax, full service, new tyres and a cat1 alarm and imobaliser in for the price. O and the jap limiter removed and the speedo converted to miles

...milage is 69k which i thought was a bit on the low side for a uk car of this year,it has had 8 previous owners part service history..

Define 'part'

What exactly is missing?

One main advantage of a UK car is that you can follow the mileage from early on, at least with the MOTs.

...oh and the good bit the valve stems need replaced,how much for that wee job,what do you think guys.

bad grammar here:

Do you mean that the seals have been replaced, or they need replacing?

In the first case I'd wonder why the seals went bad on such a low mileage car

In the second case I'd wonder if it's the stem seals smoking.