The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Gauge

rik

I done some research, and decided to stick a 60mm boost gauge in the vent to the left of the steering wheel on my car. I've also had a look at a few websites to look at various gauges (electrical), but don't know how up to date they are with the latest products.

So what's the best/coolest gauge on the market at the moment? If anyone has some pics of their gauges installed that they would like to recommend would also be good :)

Maybe Alan, although I'm sure I've come across people fitting a BG after a BC anyway. Just no point. I have a Greddy one hidden in the Glovebox that the previous owner fitted, always keep it hidden as there's no need for it, but don't want to unplug it in case my car blows up!

The most popular gauges at the moment are the Defi BF (the blue back light ones are the newest in th range) and the Blitz Mirror Drive ranges. With the Defi gauges you need to connect them to a control unit, the Blitz MD gauges are standalone.

Both in stock here Rik if you want more details.

http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defishop/

http://www.blitz-performance.com/

I've got no plans for a Boost Controller at the moment, maybe if i go BPU. I just want a gauge to keep an eye on what the turbos are up too, and see if they're under performing/overboosting as i don't know my cars history.

I know you can get them for 50 quid, but i want an electronic with peak hold. :)

why spend so much on a guage mate? the cheaper ones around £50 are just as good

As someone else mentioned, with the more expensive ones you get an electronic gauge, which should be more accurate than an anologue, and they come with features such as peak hold, record / playback, overboost warning etc.

I find the peak hold and record / playback feature well worth the moeny as its difficult to watch a boost gauge whilst flying full chat down a dual carriageway. There has been many a time when ive thought i saw what boost i was at, then when peak hold is pressed, it proves me wrong.