Any good the Falken 452 tyres?

Sheefa

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Looking at the usual suspects, Goodyear F1, Pirelli P-Zero, Michelin Sport etc but wondered if the Falken 452's are any good to?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Do yourself a favor and drop the Falkens, no point in trying to save a few pounds and sacrificing grip/safety in the process. That rubber is the most important thing keeping you pointing in the right direction. Personally I my picks would be in order of preference:

F1

Pilot sport

P-Zero

I drive dozens of MKIV's, and consistently the best all round tyre seems to be the F1, I'd always recommend that for normal road use. If you going to get into track days though they are not a good choice as they are far too soft. If you intend to just do one or two days a year, but the rest of the time just use it on the road, in wet and dry conditions, get the F1's. They are also a lot less prone to tramlining on the Supra that most other tyres.

I had 451's up front and 452's in rear - never had a problem with them at all:) Nice and grippy and seemed to wear reasonably well too. Plenty of people (who have actually run them) rate them well - though some people seem to be put off because they are not the most expensive tyre available (why skimp bla bla bla, cheaper = worse etc.) :) :)

Thanks for all the brilliant comments and reviews on these guys.

I should of noted that I will be replacing my tyres with Pirelli P-Zeros all round, but for Trackdays, mainly Donington in Feb, I was looking at the Falken 452s.

My rears are Sport VI something at the moment with Pirelli P-Zeros up front, so I want to shred the SportIVs around the track along with some new fron Falkens as the P-Zeros on there at the moment are new. Then I'll do the swap over and get 2 new rear P-Zeros.

For £75 for two Falken 452's you can't complain!

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks Michael, will do.

In answer to the above question, say I did have 235/35/17 on the fronts before and now I fit the Falken 235/40/17s on the front, would this uspet the balance of the car in comparison to my current rears at 255/45/17?

Thanks ;)

Greg

I've been using the Falken 451 & 452's for the past three years or so and find them great. They are possibly a slightly soft compound because they smoke like hell on little burnouts ( ;) ) and also bad geometry shows up quite early on, e.g. my geo was miles out and it took no time at all for the insides to wear right away. I suppose this might be normal for any tyre though.

They're not £75/pair for me though - I've been paying £145 each on the front and £155 each on the rear. 285/35/18 rears and I think 265/40/18 on the fronts. Thereabouts anyway. I'm off to check out this ebay seller now.

I think the eBay seller is misleadingly selling them individually. He was showing a quantity of two and someone has bought one now, so I suspect it's £75 each. If gregasgp is anyone on here then beware.

Yep, that's the way I read it too!

Greg, I think you've bought one tyre mate :blink: