The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra vs Skyline R34

boombastictiger

In my opinion you really cant choose one....this is the dilema I faced when I brought mine, there are so many pros and cons for both and really is a personal choice and not a bad one either way really

I'd easily take an R34 over a Supra. Much better car all round IMO.

In what way? im not really up with skyline knowledge :rolleyes: , gave up looking at them after I got my supra

I think it's better looking, more practical, and I love all the gadgets and gizmos. It's the ultimate car really, completely computer controlled traction and power delivery makes it so fast, beyond most people. I just love it.

Unfortunately it's also at least 10 times the price of a Supra.

R34 is technically a superior chasis and engine. If money was no object then an R34 however they are exceptionally poor value for money compared to a supra.

A little more info here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=69294&highlight=skyline

Enigne wise I would not agree, in what way Damon?

Electronic gizmos and management then definatly a yes

Nice car sheefa, not sure why he had to ruin it by slapping on those oversized rs turbo vents :(

I do however prefer the Supe engine for power, performance and reliability, but handling wise the Skyline hands down! :)

Yep the 4wd system on the r34 is incredible from what I have read in the past :) I always remember someone saying to me in the past that if it goes wrong, your better off getting a new car ;) not sure how true that is

Enigne wise I would not agree, in what way Damon?

Electronic gizmos and management then definatly a yes

Nice car sheefa, not sure why he had to ruin it by slapping on those oversized rs turbo vents :(

Yup, your right. I retract that comment about a superior engine, Show me a Skyline making 1000hp on a stock block. :search:

Chasis and gizmos is what give it the edge, this is everso marginal and i am only talking about the GTR model and in stock form.

To see a liner hit 450bhp you are looking at a good 7k :eek: For that money just to mod a liner you could by a supe, tune it to that and have change for a pint left over.

Yup, your right. I retract that comment about a superior engine, Show me a Skyline making 1000hp on a stock block. :search:

;)

Chasis and gizmos is what give it the edge, this is everso marginal and i am only talking about the GTR model and in stock form.

To see a liner hit 450bhp you are looking at a good 7k :eek: For that money just to mod a liner you could by a supe, tune it to that and have change for a pint left over.

This is what I meant earlier, I think its such a hard decision as you cant clearly separate one from the other....I still love them and there is always such road appeal with skylines, and a great sportscar, but bang for buck and reliability the supra wins everytime, they dont look bad either ;)

which of these 2 cars is the better when it comes to Performance and durability?

Durability - Supra

Performance - in a straight line? from a roll? round a track?

Technically the R34 is a superior handling car but it's all down to the driver and you'll find videos of Supra's beating skylines and vice versa. Just because the supra is rear wheel drive that does not mean crap handling, very much the opposite.

In a straight line from a standing start dumping the clutch at high revs in the skyline he'll kill you on 60ft times. From a roll and there's nothing in it (same power and weight).

People have put supra engines in all sorts of things, it's not something done because of reliability reasons, but just because it could be done.

yeah but they were building supras up until 2002 the same as skylines...

Aye but both designed in the early 90's where as the r34 had a chance to evolve from the R33 and R32, being designed 4/5 years on, which Id say more modern programming had a hand.

But if you insist, durability supra, performance R34