The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woohoo nice blue dash.

Mike M

Finally finished my blue dash conversion today. Gave me a few problems mostly caused by me being daft but got there in the end. Didn't follow Hecklers guide exactly but the how to link was really helpful in taking the slip control / spoiler switches apart. I still lost a little spring thing out of the bugger.:( But the buttons still work ok.

dials.jpg

heater.jpg

keyring.jpg

TCS.jpg

spoiler.jpg

Found out my camera is really poor at taking night shots so I've tweaked the spoiler switch pic as red didn't get picked up very well. It looks much better in the flesh.

Frosted LED.jpg

Bought a load of these high intensity frosted LEDS with diodes and resistors already connected as I am lazy.:D

286.jpg

Also bought a few of these high intensity 286 bulb replacements that worked a treat.

heater LED.jpg

Used the LEDs this way for the heater control dials but I had to solder in 6 more behind the buttons cos it was too dark.

The main speedo dials I used those 501 bulb size LED replacements that fitted into the existing holders so was nice and easy.

Just got the door handle and window switch to do now. Cant be bothered now so I think its gonna be in the new year.

Cheers for looking.:)

Mike

Looks mint!!

How long did it take and is it for the faint hearted?

H.

The 501 & 286 sizes are just straight swaps with the old bulbs but you need to get them the right way round so everything needs to be connected and checked or swapped round.

The heater controls was a bit more involved than I thought. Tried fitting leds in the bulb holders but it was way too dim and only 2 buttons lit up properly so this was where the most time was spent.

Spoiler switch is a bitch to get apart too. As long as you take your time it's not a bad job really.:)

is it just a case of swopping the bulbs for the blue ones ?

It is with the main dials. 3 x 501 size and 1 x 286 for the temp gauge. A 286 fits the keyring, ashtray and the footwell lights if you got them.

The rest you really gotta start soldering LEDs in and put a good few more in the heater controls.

heater.jpg

I got 6 LEDS crammed in here. It only comes with 3 bulbs as stock an looked crap at first when I tried replacing them with 3 LEDS.

I used these two places they delivered really quickly. The large 501 size I bought at first from Halfords and that was the slippery slope to doing the lot.:)

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/home.php

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/

Cheers

Mike

Dont suppose you have a link to the guide you used as a refrence do you mate? Like the idea of replacing at least the dial bulbs :) then will go from there.. lol

oh and what typre were the original bulbs for the heater matrix? (pre soldering on extra LED's) :)

Glad I took some pics now. Here are the original heater bulbs mate.

bulb 2.jpg

bulb1.jpg

There are 5 of these, 2 for lighting the temp and fan dials which I used the LEDs with the original holder like in the last pic in the 1st post.

The other 3 I scrapped the bulb holders and soldered wires onto the LEDS running 2 LEDS off each original bulb connection on the board. You have to get the polarity right before soldering them onto the board or they wont work. I just connected the board onto the car and tested with the multimeter.

The cig lighter bulb I havent done but it looked different from all the rest of the holders. I'm putting a boost gauge there so I never looked into it.

Cheers:)

Mike