The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not long now....

Henk

Just got the call that my Supra is now on dry land and no longer risking the high seas!

Just got to wait for Customs & everyone to get back to work after Xmas & New Year and then early January it goes through all the certifications.

This is going to be such a slow Xmas & New Year isn't it.......

Change of plan.

I've decided to go with Jurgen (after all the great reviews) so now I have no idea how long before we find the one I want.

But getting EXACTLY what I want will be better.

Keep you posted :D

I bet the original importers weren't too impressed with that. :(

Sorry should have explained, they imported it for themselves for their forecourt, not for me.

I said that subject to me checking it over, certification & agreeing a mutually agreeable price then I would go ahead.

I gave 500 deposit to secure first look. I did not buy it.

I hope that explains that I am not a complete *****

Sorry should have explained, they imported it for themselves for their forecourt, not for me.

I said that subject to me checking it over, certification & agreeing a mutually agreeable price then I would go ahead.

Did you get your £500 back are are you a complete ****!!!

H.

Ah right.

I jumped on it as much the same thing has just happened to me. A member on here has been talking to me for weeks about buying a car. I have been finding him ones to look at (usually at 3-4am in the morning) and last night I found a lovely GZ grade 4 car going through auction. He came back and said that it was lovely but he wanted a black car.

Well, lo and behold, he then buys that GZ from another trader and didn't even have the balls to tell me what was going on. :(

A short chat with Jurgen confirmed they were trying to sell it at hugely inflated prices.

I'd suspected as much when I joined the forum & started learning from all you guys.

A short PM to Jurgen & subsequent phone conversation (plus feedback from others on Jurgen in the forum) convinced me that I needed to "review my options"

Jurgen has now "Chipped" me and I am going for his services even though it's a longer wait but in the end I'll get just what I am looking for at the RIGHT price.

That seems fair enough - although if you haven't seen it yet, how do you know it's not exactly what you want?

Price too high & body kit means it is so low on the ground that I cannot get it over the ramp to my garage to store it safely.

For reference, here was the one I was looking at before I realised that the price might have been unrealistic... Link

Now comes the great news, I've put a substantial (non-refundable) deposit on one of Jurgen's beauties:

http://www.henk-van-roest.com/supra/gzsil1.jpghttp://www.henk-van-roest.com/supra/gzsil2.jpg

1993 GZ TT Auto - 36,000 miles

2006 has turned out to be one hell of a good year after all, a 10 year dream car, shortly to be mine :D

Car looking very nice hopefully it will be with you in time to make the Ace Cafe MEGA SUPRA MEET 24th Jan.

Will be a excellent first meet with your new car to show off.

Good luck with new car

Unfortunately unless I stump up for Air Freighting (Mega Bucks) the car it's not going to make it to the UK until end Feb / March

:badmood:

However, it's going to be perfect so I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

(Yes the other dealer refunded my "First Look" deposit no issues)

• 1 month later...

I've not even got it yet and I still have to say that dealing with Jurgen is a real pleasure!

Not being hugely technical it's great to have Jurgen give you advice that you just quickly double check with someone in the know (because I am paranoid) and you discover that you are getting a total bargain!

Fantastic customer service is NOT dead in the UK!

The wait is a killer but when this beauty is unveiled even you hard to impress guys might just be, well maybe just a little bit impressed :)

Car arriving in UK 9th March and once everything is done, picking it up probably Mid March.

I've never dealt with Jurgen myself, but I've not heard a bad word about him and the service he provides.

You seemed quite excitable at the Basingstoke meet and at the Ace Cafe, so I can appreciate the frustration of having to wait to take delivery of your first Supra! It'll be worth the wait in the end though.

Just hope the ship doesn't hit any rocks off of Cornwall....:p

Yer, lots being done to it, final pickup will now be April, even more of a killer wait but it will be breathtaking when finished.

To be fair though the majority of the extra wait time is because I have to go on some business trips and will not be in country to pick it up.

I've discovered that no matter how bizarre the request, Jurgen can source the parts at unreal prices :D