The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray/blowover...

Jim_1979

I've always been told that a good spray job is in the preparation, and that the prep. is what makes up the bulk of the cost.

If it's a cheap job, it wont have had the prep. and this will show. If you want to keep the same colour but have imperfections, have a chat with your body shop, they may be able to get it looking good again with mopping\repairs etc :)

Hi mate,

I had my bonnet resprayed in full recently after my car was keyed and the whole car Mopped and Blown! It came out absolutely stunning.

The mop got rid of the tiny scratch imperfections and the blow over removed the larger stone chips etc. Well worth it if your car is in very good condition anyway and you want to really polish the beauty up. Pics attached mate :)

Good luck,

Greg

Clean and Tidy Supra Panel Gleaming.jpg

Clean and Tidy Supra 1.jpg

Clean and Tidy Supra 2.jpg

Clean and Tidy Bonnet Supra.jpg

It cost me £680 Jim and that was cash with PL Carbodies in Warwick.

They only do prestige cars mate, Lotus etc.

Bearing in mind it's a big fucking bonnet, not bad at all. Plus they took out 5 dings in the car so now every panel is perfect!

I'd say inspect the paintwork fully first mate before considering a full respray and get the car mopped and blown if its good. No point in spending all that money on good paitnwork already!

Greg ;)