The mkiv Supra Owners Club

God those roads are slippery!

Darren

Who else is seriously struggling for grip? My cars spinning up all the time! And I'm being gentle on the throttle :(

Anyone else suffering?

Had my TT a couple of weeks now and have not been able to floor it from a standstill once due to the spin, and cant give it any over 4k revs due to 2nd turbo giving toooo much:( :( :(

My 150BHP cavalier gsi is wheelspinning so much that I thought the tyre were flat then my mate nearly understeered his Pajero 4x4 into a roundabout so I guess it is very slippery. I actually nearly fell over earlier when I tried to cross the road it was like walking across an ice rink.

Does the snow mode disable the turbos ??

I don't see how you can do that? I reckon it kind of scales the throttle peddle back so that full throttle is something like 1/4 of normal (or less). It might by part of the drive by wire technology.

Just makes it a very gentle acceleration with no sudden power surges.

RLTC blah blah blah.....:blahblah:

Although I need to confess that I had the back end step out on a frost covered road at about 20mph. I was well prepared for it as it's a notorious corner in our village. I also got wheelsin at 60 on the Mway.

Turns out my rears are just about done! :blink:

Gently does it until the new ones arrive.

my punto has been understeering like a goodun, it tried to take the straight on turn when I wanted to go right at a roundabout earlier!

take it easy guys. My supe is having a rest and it too awaits new tyres like Redm's does. Probably for the best although I'd love to go out in it and have fun with RLTC :D

RLTC blah blah blah.....:blahblah:

Although I need to confess that I had the back end step out on a frost covered road at about 20mph. I was well prepared for it as it's a notorious corner in our village. I also got wheelsin at 60 on the Mway.

Turns out my rears are just about done! :blink:

Gently does it until the new ones arrive.

Ive got RLTC and quality tyres :) Mines spinning in any gear and any revs :(

Had my TT a couple of weeks now and have not been able to floor it from a standstill once due to the spin, and cant give it any over 4k revs due to 2nd turbo giving toooo much:( :( :(

I've only had mine a couple of weeks and all I get from my mates is "let's see what it'll do from a standstill". I don't think they'll realise how easy it is to slide the back end until they drive a rear wheel drive car. It was dry quite a bit in the first week I had it and I've developed a liking for the second turbo! Can't wait for the Spring...

Well I will be picking mine up in the next few days and have been gagging to give it some welly, trouble is I have been without her for a few weeks now and just keep thinking to myself when you get her back dont crash it, I have had her long enough to know what she's all about but am worried that could set me with too much confidence and then caught out in the first 5mins..........still maybe its about time I got my Race Logic that I have now had sat in my spare room for about, oooooo, 4 years now fitted lol.......

Well I will be picking mine up in the next few days and have been gagging to give it some welly, trouble is I have been without her for a few weeks now and just keep thinking to myself when you get her back dont crash it, I have had her long enough to know what she's all about but am worried that could set me with too much confidence and then caught out in the first 5mins..........still maybe its about time I got my Race Logic that I have now had sat in my spare room for about, oooooo, 4 years now fitted lol.......

still though make sure your careful! dont rely on just the tc to help. saying that i had some great fun tonight in a car park :D

still though make sure your careful! dont rely on just the tc to help. saying that i had some great fun tonight in a car park :D

Mate the standard tc will be switched off, always has been, but thought maybe about time to get the RLTC fitted, not that its a saviour or anyting, and especially dont want her bent seeing as I have just had Colin polish nearly every bit of metal under my hood.....

Looking forward to some car park action though, think I'll drive her home in snow mode, then turn it all off when I hit maccys car park lol.....