The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bit peed off

lambertpig

have bought some uk 17s from ebay sold from a wheel shop

not exactly as described

4-5mm tread remaining

just been refurbished so no marks

the wheels are straight and v/good but 2 have minor marks not curbing scratch on face and paint scraped from lip not bad but i am fussy

worse still are the tyres one rear is v good 1 rear is barley legal

one front is good and 1 front is wrong size 235/40/17

have rung shop and told them i was not happy but manager was not in and they are now shut till 2nd jan

i feel i should be refunded as not as described

the seller has 100% feed back on a good few sales so i thought they would be perfect. alas not

cost me 350 but as i now need two tyres it will be almost 550 which is tooo much. i would be happy enougth to exchange for something new with a bit extra cash

do you think i am being unfair? i always describe things as they are

It sounds like they gave a false description - but if I was buying use wheels I don't think I would pay very much attention to the description of the tyres. Even if they had the advertised tread, they could have puncture repairs, worn unevenly etc. I would never want used tyres from another car on either of mine so I think I would have bought them assuming I needed to change the tyres.

That doesn't change the fact that they lied though. A barely legal tyre is not 4-5mm and a wrong sized tyre is also pretty obvious.

I'm not so sure about the condition of the wheels - it sounds like most of the issues are the kind of marks caused by tyres being fitted. Although we shouldn't have to, I think most people consider that acceptable and may not even think about it. I had my wheels refurbed on the 911 in the summer and if I decided to sell them I'd say they are in excellent condition and have no marks. But whether there are any dings around the tyre lip I don't know.