The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to do ?

hopeful

Sadly my supra is now a different shape,to cut a long story short because l was not driving it, only third party [sAD][/sAD], so it is know in a body repair shop, the engine has only done about 35k miles (al history from new even jap)

Just got a estimate for the bits (main dealer) of £1900 + vat, so question 1,does any know if they can be sourced cheaper in the UK ?, Body work and paint approx another £2000 + vat

Also need another front spoiler and the small quarter panel behind rear wheel, both of these no doubt can be supplied on here

Another pain is one of the 18" ? wheels is dead and sods law, l only have four ,to match l think will be very difficult so prob new wheels and one tyre.

Trouble is l do not know how much the engine ( TT) and gearbox are worth.

The reason l am asking is any one any ideas of what car as it is, is worth ?

Any help appreciated

Take a breath, read your message again, compare it to your real-world story and then come back and write it again.

Your car has been crashed (not by you?), you need parts - start by listing the bits you need please, then we can give you an idea of cost or point you to sources for used ones.

What make and model of wheels do you have?

Any photos of the damage?

Hard to value something based on what you've provided so far, we need more info.

Other than this I'm sorry to hear about the damage, under what circumstances did it end up getting smashed up then?

Micheal

Yep you are right l will start again, for the wheels and mods have a look in "my garage" l only have a couple of phone front end damage photos at the moment, the car is now locked away until the new year (bodywork repairs shut).

As for who did it, my oldest son (yes l know) however until he got all loved up he had a English spec TT and has always in the past treated my car with respect, how he did it was to overtake a van but as he pulled out he floored it and of course the back end decided to try and catch up with the front end went to the other side of the road, he hit a crash barrier with the front wing and then spun, resting the rear end against a crash barrier, hence breaking the wheel and taking the tyre off.

He walked out and that is a plus.

The list of parts without the numbers are, LH headlamp,LH wing,LH arch liner,LHR steering knuckle, LHF lower susp arm,LHF shock,LH upper susp arm,LHF steering knuckle,LHR shock, Rear strut rods x 2 LHR, lwr arm Rear arb

Also require front spoiler and the panel behind the rear wheel, the parts above are standard Toyota but l know the rear shocks are HKS coilover

Hey mate what you doing smashing up my old car ? me and the misses feel bad having read this so how you must feel i dont know, it was such a genuine bloody good condition car, you must feel sick :( , i remember your face when i rolled up:) , at the train station to take you for a test drive, dunno what else to say i just hope it gets sorted ok, The alloys are lexus 300? alloys so you should be able to pick one up but it wont be cheap unless you can get one from a scrap yard. As you say im glad your son is ok and hope it can be back on the road once again, Good luck with it, my very best regards Steve

Yes mate l am sick, thanks for the wheels type, that is a great help, l know it wont be cheap but as you said it is a genuine car and it might take a while to get all the bits and together again, but it is worth it. Yes l did smile when l saw you pull into the station and thought s##t he knows that l want it now ;)

Regards

Nigel

If you can wait the most cost effective way to get suspension parts will be from Nic (trader here). He's considerably cheaper than anywhere else in the world.

For body parts you have little choice but to use Toyota, I really wouldn't use patern parts on these, even if they do exisit.

For any other remaining parts either Jezzy (2nd hand) or Steve Manley at Oxford Toyota who offers an enormous discount to this club: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=41383

If you can wait the most cost effective way to get suspension parts will be from Nic (trader here). He's considerably cheaper than anywhere else in the world.

Thanks Darryl :thumbs:

Nigel if you would like price for some of the parts (suspension parts and headlight) let me know, order time is a little long (around 4-5 weeks), but I should be able to save you quite a bit of money.