The mkiv Supra Owners Club

**THINKING OF A SUPRA** advice needed

Guest shielsy

Guest shielsy

Hi,

After christmas coming into spring I am really considering buying a supra or a skyline but i think id perfer the supra as my family has always had toyotas, at the minute we have supra 3.0 1989 and a 91 mr2 gt,.

What kinda price are we talking for a half decent n/a Manual?

are the n/a's quick enough?

Whats the maintenance like on them?

And would they be a better car than the skyline?

Cheers

in order

1) price between 3.5-5k, prices are really dropping for na supras around this time of year.

2) na is quick you cant under estimate them.. just not as quick as a tt.

3) maintenance they are solid cars if you make sure you service them at the right time and keep the oil fresh, and all fluids clean and changed at regular intervals.

4) YES, way better than a skyline :D

A good NA manual will set you back around the 5-6k mark depending on milage. They are quick 0-60 in around 6.5 top out at 155ish howevery they are just not TT fast. In standard trim they look 10000000000 times better than a skyline plus the Supra has the advantage of a 3l engine compared to the skylines 2.5l

A good NA manual will set you back around the 5-6k mark depending on milage. They are quick 0-60 in around 6.5 top out at 155ish howevery they are just not TT fast. In standard trim they look 10000000000 times better than a skyline plus the Supra has the advantage of a 3l engine compared to the skylines 2.5l

copy cat :p

I can get insurance on a tt cheaper than the n/a's because there uk cars, but the tt are still making big bucks!!

You got to be careful because theres UK TT's which usually demand higher £ than a Jspec TT.

I only have an NA but it puts a BIG smile on my face every time I drive it . Its easly the best car I have owned or driven.:thumbs:

The best place to buy one in my opinion would be from the owners club either private or from one of the very good traders we have on the site. :friends: :friday: :grouphug: :ok:

You can get a pretty good TT for £5,500, Steep price for the mileage if you ask me. But still, looks completely stock except the wheels :)

What age is it? My 97/P Facelift NA only has 5K miles less than that - and is stock - and I paid just over 6K for it in October. I think I probably should have haggled to get it under 6K - but seemed like a fair price.

What age is it? My 97/P Facelift NA only has 5K miles less than that - and is stock - and I paid just over 6K for it in October. I think I probably should have haggled to get it under 6K - but seemed like a fair price.
L reg

with side skirts rear spates, lowered and wheels paid £8500 two years ago,you only get what you pay for;)