The mkiv Supra Owners Club

soop vs gsx-r 600

ADD

I should have said 60+ I suppose but give it a go anyway and report back!!!!

il be filming it for def mate so il post it up, but il have a go from 40 then 60 and above.

IAN- he pasted his test about 3 months ago so i dont think we'll be doing stupid leptons TBH, he's a cocky twot so id like to wipe the smug look of his face:)

il be filming it for def mate so il post it up, but il have a go from 40 then 60 and above.

IAN- he pasted his test about 3 months ago so i dont think we'll be doing stupid leptons TBH, he's a cocky twot so id like to wipe the smug look of his face:)

;) LOL just passed his test so he wont know his ( or the bikes )limits yet

Cheers

Ian

Make sure it's dry when you go for it. His 600 will spin up in the wet and will spit him off if he's not real quick closing the throttle.:taped:

Meanwhile, you'll be probably be traveling sideways and risking running him over.:(

Interested to see how this goes, so please report back.

I reckon you won't pass him until around the 100 mark.

From a stand you probably won't ever get past him (unless it's an extremely long road!).

Same old argument, in the end when it's fast tuned car vs standard (semi)sports bike it's down to driver/rider ability. His low experience will probably mean he highsides or at least gets a nasty tank slapper going from the off, and you'll glide past. Otherwise if he was good he'd eat your car alive doing a wheely!! :D

Anyone else had run-ins with bikes? I had one down near bath on the motorway, it was all quiet and was going through roadworks. Saw a bike behind me and pulled to the left when I'd cleared the roadworks. He obviously wanted a race as he pulled alongside and stayed there. I was quite impressed. My near standard Supra was all over him until about a tonne, but then I bottled it cos I'd seen a load of old bill that day. Think it was an R6 as my bird at the time had just bought one and so that cheered me up. Anyway, it was enough for him to turn round and give me a thumbs up once he'd slowed down too. So, if my car wasn't limited and I'd been feeling braver it could have been even better, but it proved that even in a straight line not all bikes are quicker than cars.

Although, as above, I imagine rider skill has a lot to do with things.

And also, maybe you should wait a few months until the weathers better too.

Anyone else had run-ins with bikes?

When I bought my TT years ago, the dealer delivered it. I was on my Fireblade and he followed me home. At one point there was a long straight - I overtook 3 or 4 cars together, by no means flat out but quickly - was surprised that when I looked in my mirror he was right behind me.

However - a few days later I went out in my new car. Had a blast, but as I got close to home I was behind some traffic and an R1 appeared behind me. He had plenty of opportunities to overtake me but didn't.

We got to a straight and I overtook the cars and was accelerating flat out. He waited until I pulled in - and then wheelied past me. Git!

ive had a gixxer 600 SRAD and im not to sure about how fast it got to 60 but i reacon he could beat you from both standing start and a roling start to, but only a rolling start if he is a good rider ive not driven a twin turbo supra but ive been in heclers a few times and i rekon my old gixxer would have beat him, but then again man, youve got raido and heaters what does he have :D:D:D

Yeah, also we car drivers don't have to wear crappy leathers and helmets which is always a plus!

This is actually one of the reasons that I don't have a bike now for the first time in 20 years. I used to clock up about 20k miles a year on bikes - then I bought the 911, and the bike just never got used. If I fancied going out for a blast, the choice between putting on my leathers, getting too hot in town (if it was summer) or wet if it rained, having to walk around in leathers if I stopped somewhere - or jumping in the 911.....

I still want another bike - but I'm not convinced I'll use it.