The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wiring help please

garetheves

Part 1

Can anyone tell me what the wiring loom highlighted in the picture is and what it does. It attaches to the ignitor and then goes down and behind the intake manifold. My guess is it goes to the actual ignition and prob the ECU at some point as well but any more info much appreciated as well as any other things that may be run from this wire.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9356/1lp6.jpg

Part 2:

How much would a loom like this cost and would it be a simple straight swap (ie connectors on each end) or will the wires be soldered all over the place?

Cheers

While changing the intake manifold and throttle body in the pursuit of bling, i think we have disturbed the wiring loom in some way and broken a wire. Basically when we started the car up after changing it, it had a horrible missfire, we put it down to something electrical and the only wiring loom we could have disturbed is that one. We probed deeper and adjusted the loom slightly to see if made a difference and now the car wont start at all. Ive had an auto electrician take a look at it quickly and he agrees that it is most likely a broken wire and wants a closer look. I was just wondering if it might be easier to give him an entire knew wiring loom to try instead, would save a few hours labour trying to find the individual wire thats bust.

Any idea how much a replacement loom would be. I know it will be expensive from Toyota themselves but one of a breaker wouldnt be too bad??

Gaz couldn't you unplug at the ignitor end and just test for resistance on the terminals of the plugs ?this will then give you a slightly better idea wouldn't it ?

Ive not got the necessary tools but ill mention this to the leccie when i speak to him, id be surprised if he doesnt do this thought tbh, seems to easiest course of action. If i was to replace it though would i need to replace the entire wiring loom?? Jezzy might be getting a PM.