Guest chip-rs

Hi there all

i have done some searches but am still asking

looking at buying a supra TT uk car

but not sure if to go for 6 speed or auto

what can the standard auto take power ?

and what can the 6 speed take ?

Also i have been told the standard engine can take a good power hike

i watched a vid on you tube it made 700+ bhp and they said it was a std engine block and head only had cams and lifters etc

obviously injectors pump etc. does this sound correct ?

I will want to tune it a little but not over the power of the standard turbos what can i get from them ?

Thanks is advance

jspec ceramic turbos your talking 380ish you wont see over 400 without loosing all reliability

UK steel turbines im unsure is it somthing like 450-500?

if you looking for 700bhp you would be looking at a large single i would have thought.

A unbuilt auto box will only be good for around 425-475 bhp and the 6speed getrag is ok for 650-700

Im sure sombody will be along to correct me shortly

Auto can take about 500bhp and the manual can pretty much take anything! one is running 1400bhp on a stock gearbox in the states! no joke! the envy supra is 1000bhp and stock gearbox too iirc!

Yep you are correct, tbh even though some have made over 600 on stock internals it's probably better to strengthen the bits you can as all things do break if pushed to hard in the end!, but 500-600 is considered ok on a stock engine.

You'd be looking around the 400bhp on stock turbo's.

Guest chip-rs

Its one thing i didnt want to do is go to a single turbo.

whats involved and what kind of price ?

I will be using it as a every day car so want is super reliable and didnt think i would want much more that 400 ish bhp.

I have drove a auto and been in one.

dont think there my cup of tea

like gears as you can use them to help slow you down when driving fast and have them in the gear you want at all times.

with the auto you slow from speed its all up to the brakes to slow you and the revs drop to idle then as you get on the gas the revs need to pick up etc.

but i have seen some BIG BHP supras with auto. keep both hands on the wheel and controll the car. and the auto is not slow in the change for a drag race.

Guest chip-rs

Was looking to spend 11k ish as was looking at a mitsi evo.

but i do like my toyotas had a few in my time

3 corolla gti16 and a lexus (its a toyota) gs 3000 sport

Its one thing i didnt want to do is go to a single turbo.

whats involved and what kind of price ?

I will be using it as a every day car so want is super reliable and didnt think i would want much more that 400 ish bhp.

I have drove a auto and been in one.

dont think there my cup of tea

like gears as you can use them to help slow you down when driving fast and have them in the gear you want at all times.

with the auto you slow from speed its all up to the brakes to slow you and the revs drop to idle then as you get on the gas the revs need to pick up etc.

but i have seen some BIG BHP supras with auto. keep both hands on the wheel and controll the car. and the auto is not slow in the change for a drag race.

The supra has a manual mode on the auto gearbox which allows for engine braking etc if you want it and can be used for great effect. I would recommend that you drive them both before making a decision, you may be quite surprised.

dont underestimate the auto on the supe, if you enjoy thrashing through the gears and the flexibility they give you then go manual (it will handle more power), if you do city driving with the occasional blast go auto they will start to fade at the 500rwhp mark but some have run them at this level for a long time, the next step is a built auto that changes up faster than a fast thing on speed (quicker than a manual), get a drive in some cars 700 bhp is an awefull lot (and an awefull lot of wonga) mine runs 500 rwhp and i find it difficult to use it to its potential on the roads where i live

The supra has a manual mode on the auto gearbox which allows for engine braking etc if you want it and can be used for great effect. I would recommend that you drive them both before making a decision, you may be quite surprised.

I woudl agree with this, took me a while to use manu mode but now I use it all the time (when the car actually works lol)