The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mcgard wheel nuts......

uksupra

wheel nuts from hell...

ok trying to take off my locking nuts last night so i could fit the standard rims back on, front drivers came off a doddle...

rear drivers bit tight so get my extension bar and crack it.... well thats what i thought instead the mcgard locking key has shattered inside .... no way of undoing the bolt...

searched on here and the net in general and everyone says try smashing a socket over... i tried with a hardened socket started to bend my socket... wentto a few wheels shops.. one wouldnt even try, the next shop snapped a snap on socket trying to bash it over the nut....

another shop tried air gun chiselling it no luck...

so i now return to you all for help... ANYONE PLEASE

I bought two sets of these nuts for my Volks and was surprised to see that the 'unique' key from one set fits the other set perfectly.

So, I say they are garbage trash bullshit rubbish pieces of shit. (Sorry, needed to get that out since I feel ripped off).

bought them about 2 years ago.... box is long gone.......

SHI*

oh well dynamite on the hub it is then

be careful you might damage the hub ;)

McGuard locks are useless, as mentiond above, the "unique" key fits almost all the locks. I'm going to order Rays wheelnuts with locks from Envy.