The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging Interest

Guest steve77964

Guest steve77964

Maybe selling my topsecret widebody supra now at bpu!

See my garage for photos and spec!

Need to change to something more daily driveable

Will consider part x for another supra

offers over 20 grand will be considered!

email me at [email protected]

or pm me here!

cheers

steve

offers over 20 grand will be considered!

For £20K+ I think I would go for Jurgen's 1998 VVT-I Widebody and still get change.

It's a nice car but just because you've put lots of dosh in modding the car, it certainly doesn't mean that you're going to receive a healthy return for when you decide to sell it.

I have noticed from the attempted sales of recent race spec cars that they haven't even attained the £14K figure and they have had £40-50K+ spent on them.

Guest steve77964

yeah i realise its expensive but its not about the turbos its about the kit and the cost of fitting etc... you can see it from different sides. just hope someone falls in love with it like i did!

Guest steve77964
For £20K+ I think I would go for Jurgen's 1998 VVT-I Widebody and still get change.

so buy jurgens and wait 2 years before you can drive it :) or put the kit on your own car!

yeah i realise its expensive but its not about the turbos its about the kit and the cost of fitting etc... you can see it from different sides. just hope someone falls in love with it like i did!

I think you've gathered Steve that we all think its a bit too expensive mucka:rolleyes:

oh i love it mate, don't get me wrong.

i just can't afford it :D

i'd say you're looking at closer to ~£16.5k to be honest but then it's quite a unique car and there'll not be many (if any) that compare.

at the end of the day it's worth what someone will pay and how much you want or need to sell it.

good luck :thumbs:

Guest steve77964

everyone is entitled to their own opinions thats why it is a forum...was just gauging interest i can afford to keep it myself no worries just fancied a change :)

if i thought the same way as everyone else i wouldnt have bought it in the first place!

it is expensive i agree but you get what you pay for and it's a very rare car in this country...

it only needs one person that is all i was hoping!

Stunning car, unfortunatly you rarely get money back from bodymods which is a shame as its a stunner, price wise i would say closer to the £15k mark, if it was a fully built single then yeh £20k+

BUT

you never know, you only need one person who "must" have it and willing to pay what ever ;)

Good luck with the sale

Mike

Guest steve77964

cheers for the support and advice guys

like i said im gauging interest i dont need to sell it but if someone loves it and wants to make me that offer then i would sell that's all!

cheers for the support and advice guys

like i said im gauging interest i dont need to sell it but if someone loves it and wants to make me that offer then i would sell that's all!

best way to look at it mate, what you also have to look at is you can get a decent bpu car for £8k ish so for £12k could you get your own kit fitted? tbh i dont know how much the wide body kit is, i doubt its cheap but for obvious reasons you cant price it above what it would cost to make one yourself ;)

Guest steve77964

i think andy at miami gt quoted for the full kit without trd rear wing or bonnet about 4-5 grand

then there is fitting and spraying so you tell me but you are looking over 10 grand im sure all in all

Guest steve77964

Engine Specifications:

Mine's strut brace has been fitted

31000 miles from new just covered!

Turbocharger & Induction:

Stock turbos

HKS Racing suction induction kit

Hybrid GT Frontmount Intercooler

Razo turbotimer

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Mines ECU

TRUST GREDDY PROFEC B SPEC II BOOST CONTROLLER EVC AVCR

other mods to be bought soon!

Exhaust:

Stainless steel TRD exhaust

Decat exhaust

Drivetrain:

Standard Spec

Weight Reduction & Transfer:

Standard Spec

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes:

The Wheels are 2 piece forged lightweight Work Meister S1's of 10J width on the front and 11J width on the rear, with correct offset for this bodykit (No Wheel spacers are fitted). Tyres are Yokohama sports compound of sizes 245/40ZR18 front & 275/35/ZR18 Rear

The front brakes are uprated with Alcon (Produced by GREX / Trust) 4 piston racing callipers and 350mm rotors mounted on aluminoum bells. These are race spec brakes, that not only give the car a very professional race car look, but also help make sure this Supra stops in the safest and shortest possible distances where required.

Note that suspension struts are original, with TEIN lowering springs fitted.

Interior & ICE:

Inside, there's a race styled 3 gauge pod mounted neatly where the original glovebox used to be. Housed within are Omori gauges showing oil temp, oil pressure and water temp. Mounted neatly in the dashboard is an original Mine's boost gauge. A carbon fibre dash has replaced the old fake wood trim.

A large race style Sport Comp Auto Meter Rev counter is fitted, complete with an adjustable shift light - in clear view of the driver.

A Momo steering wheel is fitted and also Momo pedals!

Pioneer double din headunit with 2 class d jbl amps mounted in the rear alongside 2 12" pioneer subs positioned with the baskets facing out (photos to follow) rockford fosgate speakers in the front and rear!

Front seats waiting to be replaced or retrimmed can't decide!

Exterior:

Top Secret full GT300 bodykit comprising: Front Bumper, Frong wings, Front Inner Wings, Side Skirts, Side Turn Signals, Rear Qaurters, Rear bumper, Rear Quarter trim pieces and inner stay parts. Also fitted is a Top Secret Composite GT2 Rear wing and an original TRD Vented racing bonnet. Other exterior improvements include carbon-fibre styled Ganador electric door mirrors & a pair of Ichikoh HID driving lights located behind the perspex covers on the front bumper.

Flush mount bonnet pins to be fitted!

Performance:

BPU

you never know, you only need one person who "must" have it and willing to pay what ever ;)Mike

Mike is right and this is what happened to me 3 years ago when I bought my Supra. My car was about £3K more than the many dozens of other Supras that I had inspected over the previous 18-months (yes, 18!). I could have bought a much cheaper version but I knew I had bought a 'minter' and therefore pleased with my outlay.

I think the problem with £20K Supe's is simply that they are £20k and people don't have that type of money to spend at once, especially on a soon-to-be 14-year old car!

Best of luck with the sale mate!