The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I need help with a socket

CJ

Following on from this thread here and this other thread here I am led to believe that what I need to help Jez out is a 17mm socket that has been ground down to make it thin enough to go into the holes.

As I do not have this facility, can someone do this for me (paid of course) and send the socket to Jeremy?

CJ, I have a spare set of multi-locking thread nut removers available if needed? I could post them to you?

I had the same problem in getting my locking wheel nuts off when I lost the adaptor! It had actually rolled under the drivers side carpet!

Tried all the main garages, Quik-Fit, Halfords, Greswolde, Plume and none of them could do it. In the end I went to the wheel refurb guy and he banged a 'pin-headed' socket on it, quicked welded it and prixed them off. :)

Greg

I use a spider spanner from Halfords, its got 4 arms with a different size on each end and the one for my Voks slips in to the quite small holes perfectly. May be worth checking, its only £5 or something.

JB

Had same thing with my wheels! and got this little green spider spanner! and yes still £5 (well was 10 days ago)