The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help

couv3z

hi everybody

Hi

i'm just sorting a loan out to purchase my first supra, i was wondering if you could help with runing cost details

how much a service is?

Depends what kind of service you mean, and who does it. Most things you can do yourself; Oil and Filter changes are obviously the most regular maintainance job and cost me say £40 ever 5000miles. Other stuff is so few and far between I wouldn't worry about. Cambelt need changing every 5 years or 60,000 miles. Brakes and tyres depends on how you drive.

mpg>?

Say 18 to 20mpg for a TT and 20 to 24mpg for an NA (Unless your name is BlitzSupra in which case you will claim 36mpg)

what likely thing kill it on a mot?

Nothing much, no regular problems. Emissions might be an issue if you've removed the cats. Can't think of owt else.

are they a tyre eater?

Big, 300+bhp, RWD, yeah they're quite hard on rear tyres. You should be able to get like 10,000 miles from decent quality rubber. 20,000 is very possible if you do a lot of motorway driving. However, if the car has been lowered without the geometry being redone it may well destroy tyres with uneven wear.