The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help! Supra Or Not?

Guest Typer666

Guest Typer666

Hey guys ... registered aggees ago but never came on much, just to check the site out really.

Im looking at getting a supra with my brother and dad ( just as a play thing, weekend car etc) weve all got our own cars and thot it would be more feasable to do it this way chipping in ... as we wouldnt use it that often

weve been looking at a variety of cars namely hnda integra dc5, subaru wrx sti, EVO VIII/IX, sjyline r33 2.6 GTR and of course a supra.

we are all new to the world of performance cars .... the fastest car we have had is a 180bhp citroen xsara coupe vts. the n/a is 225bhp and tt man 265?

im from glasgow, so its pretty much wet here all the time and im worried asbout the back end of a supras comin g out with RWD ... what would yuo say the good points are of having a supra ?? vs the bad points .. vs the other cars i named - if u know anything asbout them.

we are all looking for different things in the supra ( personally i want a aero top , my b rother wants it to have a nice b/kit probs veilside + alloys spolier + tt 6spd man , my father just wants tit to be a smooth ride) what would u advise me of this... and how nmuch approx

How much you got to spend? Have a look in the for sale section here. Depends what you want the car for!! If you want out and out performance, go for a TT. If you want to go for looks go for an NA. At the end of the day it is what you are going to pay for it.

I use to live in Dundee, and that was wet, didn't have a problem. Treat the car with respect and it won't bite you!! Oh and a belated welcome to the club :)

Guest Typer666

thanks... it says 225 bhp on na and 265-275 bhp tt on the faq section on here ...

ermm we are chippin in a couple of grand each so about 6-9k for the car.... dont want one really modded tho as i dont understand qall the mods ... injectors:S:S decat :S:S turbo timer :S:S its like speaking japanese to me ,.,,,,, although we would like a dump valve to make that wonderful sound when changing gear and maybe a moderate s/s

what would you advise m8 ?? we want loks but thers no point in having a car that looks the business and cant perform ...

i had an n/a but after a couple of months got bored so went for the tt.

it depends on if you will be looking for more power, as you cant really do a great amount of tuning with the n/a.

they are pretty tail happy in the wet but thats haf the fun!

out of the cars you have listed i would go for the r33 gtr!

weve been looking at a variety of cars namely hnda integra dc5, subaru wrx sti, EVO VIII/IX, sjyline r33 2.6 GTR and of course a supra.

Quickest car point to point / easy to drive wet or dry = EVO - personally I'd for the 6 - ideal for the weekend / occasional journeys else running costs can be quite high.

Skyline is a beast- especially the Vspec. get a nice one and smile per miles by an arm-length over the others - if you can afford a nice one.