The mkiv Supra Owners Club

skyline wheels

alan_blue

I have a 38 offset on my wheels,

You see alot of GTS Skylines fitted with the wave of Ex warranty RX8 wheels off ebay fitted, Seen these to on Supras but the offset is totally wrong they are set to far inwards

Don't forget the all important hub diameter and if its bigger you can buy spigots for about £2.00 each, They are extremeley important otherwise the whole car weight in on the studs not the hub

Supra Hub Diameter is 60.1mm recommended 35-38 offset

RX8 Hub Diameter is 67.1mm recommended 40-45 mm offset

but not sure what a Skyline hub diameter is

All PCD are the same 5x114.3 as are most Jap 5 studs except Celica 5x100

edit:

Lower the offset number the further they will stick out of the arches,

Rex rims look great on a Supe :) :)

yep certainly nice looking wheels but sit in to far at the back on a Supe

Bugger to clean though (well on a RX8 due to those "massive" brakes)

Luckily on both our Rexs we've not had the wheel corrosion issue

But hey 4x 18in Alloys for around a hundred quid well worth buying and having refurbed

Ive just bought some rota 9.5x18 with 22 offset for my gtr 32

I just had to try them on my supra, they looked awsome but did stick out two inch from the arches.

Would this be a major issue?? As in with regards to handling of the car, etc?? Track use, etc?

As I was looking some custom wheel arches, but using spacers is not an option for me.

Its the right way to get offset, but you would have to chop

the front and rear standard arches, which aint my cuppo tea!.

the gtr 33 has 12 offset on the rotas,even wider track!

I dont mind the cutting up of the arches, fine by me... If those wheels will run fine, ie. no issues with handling and still trackable, then that is awesome news and I can start to re-look at the wide arches.

I have always liked those Rota GTR wheels... Nice looking

but Toyota used 50 :)

Stock rims yes, which is why they look a little silly tucked away under the arches, most reputable aftermarket rims are a standard 35-38 offset, "dependent on style" this offset would / should clear UK brakes too. but worth checking before you purchase,

My Rims would clear UK Brakes and they are a 38 offset

bit confused about what you mean about the hub diameter tho and weight being on the studs?? it always is whether the hub is 1metre wide the studs are still the same distance apart

On the hub itself there's a lip which fits into the centre of the wheel itself. This should be as tight as possible so that the hole in the wheel (the centre bore) takes the weight of the car (transferred from the hub lip) rather than the 5 studs. It also means that the wheel is always exactly centred when put on/off thus eliminating an off-centre wheel and the associated wobble at speed :) :)

Therefore, wheels and hubs have a centre bore diameter as well as a PCD - the centre bore diameter ensures the wheel sits centrally and the PCD ensures it can then be fixed in place :)