The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Abflug headlights

Guest gzaerojon

John, Im wanting these very badly, I can feel the force pulling me strongly but I have UK glass lights, can this be worked around or should I start looking for way to get rid of these........

I think the kit is only designed to fit the J-spec lights, the lenses on the UK lights are slightly different fit.

I think the kit is only designed to fit the J-spec lights, the lenses on the UK lights are slightly different fit.

Bugger right who wants a set of UK Glass lights, must swap with their jpecs ? Swapped my original face lift lights for these glass ones and now I need to swap again.........starting to think Im a serial light swapper lol....... :D

Whats average price for glass lamps, then I'll deduct 40% for the swap, does that sound fair ?????

Hi guys,

I'm still working on it, but things aren't looking too good. The problem is that the scanned document is too faint in some places and quite low resolution so the OCR software is having trouble recognising the characters. As a result of this, it is only getting partial matches so when translated, it comes out pretty badly...

Here is the partially OCR'ed document. Load it up in Adobe Acrobat, select the text, copy and paste it into Google translation (or another translation engine). You will see what I mean.

abflug instructions1.pdf

Guest gzaerojon
Hi guys,

I'm still working on it, but things aren't looking too good. The problem is that the scanned document is too faint in some places and quite low resolution so the OCR software is having trouble recognising the characters. As a result of this, it is only getting partial matches so when translated, it comes out pretty badly...

Here is the partially OCR'ed document. Load it up in Adobe Acrobat, select the text, copy and paste it into Google translation (or another translation engine). You will see what I mean.

you are doing an great job sir :thumbs:

i'm just taking the mrs to work, but when i get back i'll re scan it for you. what would be the best way? i'm using acrobat pro, shall i scan a really high res with ocr and darken it somehow?

Guest gzaerojon
Online translater here...

http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

The format of the document wouldn't allow me to copy the text, so couldn't paste it into the box for translation!

i just had a go, and got this :blink:

Unless this indication is observed, physical injury to occur, depending upon when, the death

EDIT: got this one too lol

This time, our company product buying;J (the [me] J member coming, theory i to be grateful [do] occasion, in installation job of this product which it increases ## by all means before the human

[ru], this book [wi] which carefully understanding ## in job the human [re] [ru] ways, the request saying [yo] [ge] increases the reading Ttt coming and contents

Yep, it does leave much to be desired doesn't it? :-).

You could try Acrobat Pro OCR straight from your scan - just make sure you set the language to Japanese (otherwise it may still recognise the japanese but not allow you to select/copy it properly).

The best bet would be to try and get a scan that looks as good as possible (i.e. uniform darkness across the entire image). For example, if you look at the top left of your scan, it looks pretty damn good, especially compared to the top right and bottom right. If your scanner has a self-feeding option, try this. Otherwise just make sure the lid is completely closed, the paper is flat and centered, and then just maybe play around with contrast/brightness. Also, try with some higher resolutions as well - its much easier to downsize something then to try and increase the size (if it's too small, you can't add the detail that is absent from the image - pixels are too close together and shapes can't properly be identified).

• 1 month later...

Has anyone recieved these yet? And fitted successfully??

Are they UK legal? Does the old lens fit or do you have to fit the new perspex lens supplied?

I ask as I think these look the dogs BUT cost WAY more than they are worth. I was the guy who did the Top Secret Front Bumper mould (and sold it a while ago). These look a piece of pi$$ to mold. Change them by 10% and it's not copying legally. If it is just the moulding I could easily do a fibreglass mould and knock them out for 1/4 of the price. Similarly could do C/F ones as well.

Let me know if the above is true and I will buy a set and "modify" accordingly. Could also adapt to fit other models, and even UK.

I might get quite handy at fitting them so could provide a service for that too.

What is the concesus out there? People interested or am I wasting my time?;)

Has anyone recieved these yet? And fitted successfully??

Are they UK legal? Does the old lens fit or do you have to fit the new perspex lens supplied?

I ask as I think these look the dogs BUT cost WAY more than they are worth. I was the guy who did the Top Secret Front Bumper mould (and sold it a while ago). These look a piece of pi$$ to mold. Change them by 10% and it's not copying legally. If it is just the moulding I could easily do a fibreglass mould and knock them out for 1/4 of the price. Similarly could do C/F ones as well.

Let me know if the above is true and I will buy a set and "modify" accordingly. Could also adapt to fit other models, and even UK.

I might get quite handy at fitting them so could provide a service for that too.

What is the concesus out there? People interested or am I wasting my time?;)

Its the clear perspex lens that makes the light (imo) can you produce these?

I am worried that the lights will fail MOT due to pattern if the clear lens is used. Is this the case?

Yes I could get the len's manufactured.

Just swap them out with some old j-specs if its a problem before mot, will make no odd to me as i have a freindly MOT man.