Chris Wilson

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great work Chris!

I started a thread recently on this to see if we could plan a track day together:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=93017

So, will you be there then? In that Batmobile of yours? ;)

Greg

I am not organising anything, Bookatrack do that, just letting folks know there is a rare noisy day in a fairly central location, on a proper circuit. Not sure what I will use, both Batmobiles are hail and healthy, the Skyline needs a check over and new tyrea all round. Nice to have a choice, it's usual for me to have everything in bits early in a New Year ;) Are you going to have a whizz round?

Lol, Chris has some crazy Zeus Supersport beast. It looks like a Go-Kart with a rocket up its arse.

Chris, I think I may certainly have a 'go' depending on whether we get this trackday organised. I'll sign up to the site anyway. :)

I'll be asking my mate to bring his newly build M3 CSL with M5 lump in it. Crazy car, 0-60 under 4 secs and handles like a dream! See here (no photos anymore though :( ):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Unregistered-BMW-M3-CSL-GTR-M5-V8-Powered-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ130018946322QQihZ003QQcategoryZ9837QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Argh, I've done Donington with Bookatrack before and it was excellent, I'm hoping the car will be in pieces by Feb though :(

If anyone is even vaguely interested get signed up asap, you will love it! Even a lap at 30mph is awesome. At the last one I did (in the wet) I didn't notice any real tyre wear either, far less stress than an airfield day.

I'm interested in this. It would be my first track day.

Any suggestions on tyres, brakes etc etc. I have a completely standard set up handling wise, I assume this would be ok with a novice at the wheel, and in an n/a??

Just make sure fluids are fresh, pads have meat on them and everything else is healthy.

On my last outing there I was joined by a van, a Mini and lots of other 'normal' cars - just warm things up slowly and take regular breaks to cool yourself and the car down.

Don't worry about going for special bits and pieces on your first outing, if anything it's nice to go standard and see what needs attention for the next one, you'll still have lots of fun :)

You aren't there to get headhunted for F1, you are there to have fun, you can do that in (almost) any car at (almost) any speed.

I'm interested in this. It would be my first track day.

Any suggestions on tyres, brakes etc etc. I have a completely standard set up handling wise, I assume this would be ok with a novice at the wheel, and in an n/a??

If it's your first ever track day stock pads will be fine, but ensure they have plenty of meat on them. If they are low (more than 1/3 worn) I have fast road pads going cheap. I would change the fluid to something like Motul RBF600 though, to stop fade. Again, I have it instock at a very good price. Otherwise just put in one pint more oil over the full level, measured after it's stood overnight, and give it a good check over. 38 PSI in they tyres, all round, hot, will help stop them tearing their shoulders off. Have a go, it's a pressure free day and great fun.

This sounds great. An golden opportunity and perfect time to play with the Racelogic too me thinks! :)

Chris, I have Pirelli P-zeros at the front but some Sport VI tyres or something at the rear. Would you actually recommend using a different set to your daily drive, or just inflate the usuals to 38psi and go easy?

Cheers.

Greg

Insurance

Is insurance mandatory?

No, we do not require that our customers are insured as unlike on the road it is not illegal to run without insurance. Often track day regulars do not insure their cars. However, for those looking for total peace of mind you would do wise to look into track insurance to cover any mishaps on track.

Will my road insurance policy cover me on track days?

No, not necessarily, but it is definitely worth checking with your insurance company. Some car insurance companies will add track day cover to your policy for a small premium.

Where can I get track day insurance and how does it work?

We recommend contacting Chris Yemm at Competition Car Insurance (Egger Lawson) who offer track day insurance for all UK and European BaT events. Their number is 01159 415 255.

How long before these sell out do you recon?

I'm itching to press the book button.

the weather is always a risk at that time of year... but it's not often there is a no db limit!

*edit - I pressed the book button!

lets hope it stays dry...

and just how many people will they let into that particular track day? - I can't find an answer on the site...