The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear indicators , "that old chestnut"

markjodrell

I know its been posted loads, but I want some clear front indicators to replace the orange blobs.

The main dealer ones £75 with harness may do BUT they are still orangey, I have searched ebay and cant lind any American ones listed, any ideas chaps ???

the main dealer is probably quoting you for the UK spec indictors which are only pre-facelift and, as you say orange.

just order them from Nic mate :)

How do you mean thery're still orangey mate? The orange bulbs inside or actual hald orange tinted lenses?

Spray the bulbs if that's the problem. That's what I'm gonna do. :)

the uk ones apparently still have an orange insert inside, i have seen Niks in previous threads and they look really orange, I emailed Nik but as of yet he hasnt got back to me

How strange - I've just got out of my car, looked at my indicators and thought : they are quite orange, clear ones would be nicer. Then I saw this thread.

However - I have a facelift car - so I think my indicators are "clear"? The plastic front does look clear - but it looks like they have an orange background.

And the side repeaters are orange. I've seen threads suggesting I can get clear side repeaters - but I think I might already have "clear" fronts?

Guest DEREHAM SUPRA

they cant supply the wiring loom, going to toyota this afternoon to find out a price and order it, my indicators arrived yesterday all original toyota parts, the clear side side repeaters are off a celica i think, it looks as as if it might be a right PITA to get them to fit though, but it`ll be worth it when it`s done.

How strange - I've just got out of my car, looked at my indicators and thought : they are quite orange, clear ones would be nicer. Then I saw this thread.

However - I have a facelift car - so I think my indicators are "clear"? The plastic front does look clear - but it looks like they have an orange background.

And the side repeaters are orange. I've seen threads suggesting I can get clear side repeaters - but I think I might already have "clear" fronts?

Dave

I think you can get the side repeaters from Halfords, otherwise I think they are the same unit on Celicas and other moders.

they cant supply the wiring loom, going to toyota this afternoon to find out a price and order it, my indicators arrived yesterday all original toyota parts, the clear side side repeaters are off a celica i think, it looks as as if it might be a right PITA to get them to fit though, but it`ll be worth it when it`s done.

Will you let me know how you get along with the harness , how much is the wiring harness and do you know the part number? I know the indicators from Toyota are £75 and are really quite orange

Dave

I think you can get the side repeaters from Halfords, otherwise I think they are the same unit on Celicas and other moders.

Facelift side repeaters are very different to pre-facelift ones.

The front indicators have an orange backing which makes them look orange from the front but clear from the side.

http://home.css-networks.com/indicators/1.JPG

http://home.css-networks.com/indicators/2.JPG

If the orange background bothers you, you can open them up and unscrew it then reseal them. A more brutal approach is to get a set of long pliers and crunch out the orange parts inside.

Then get some silver bulbs that flash orange.

Which one do you have, just looked at your car and they look really clear , just how I want mine :search:

If the orange background bothers you, you can open them up and unscrew it then reseal them. A more brutal approach is to get a set of long pliers and crunch out the orange parts inside.

Then get some silver bulbs that flash orange.

Also are they easy to open up or do you have to break the seals etc

Also are they easy to open up or do you have to break the seals etc

Mine are the OEM facelift Toyota lights.

I put them in the oven for a couple of minutes to heat up the sealant, when it was hot enough i prised them apart, unsrewed the orange reflector and then resealed them. Get windscreen sealant / adhesive for the job.

Pretty easy really just don't forget about them or they will end up like bananas :D

Mine are the OEM facelift Toyota lights.

I put them in the oven for a couple of minutes to heat up the sealant, when it was hot enough i prised them apart, unsrewed the orange reflector and then resealed them. Get windscreen sealant / adhesive for the job.

Pretty easy really just don't forget about them or they will end up like bananas :D

Nice 1 m8, I will bear that in mind, still it my be easier and cheaper to get the ones from Funky styling and the harness of Steve, does anyone have a contact number fro Steve Manley please?