The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A fair point or sour grapes?

Scooter

Do i have a point or am i suffering from Suor grapes syndrome?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do i have a point or am i suffering from Suor grapes syndrome?

• No you have a point
    • Yes you are suffering from sour grape syndrome...

Think you'll get a mixed response.

I had a set of wheels for sale for £400 which included 100 mile delivery.

I had the offer and excepted it. 2 hours later I got a £500 offer and they'd collect.

I stuck to the £400 and drove the 100 miles (+ Humberbridge toll twice! £5.40 :D)

Guess it's each to there own i'd say I was in the minority, yes probably stupid but a man of my word.

I've just had pretty much the same thing happen to me here. To be honest I was pretty peeved-off as the sale went through in a completely different manner to how the seller described it would, but feck it, these things happen - I'm sure better rims will come along for us both, at half the prices we offered, lol.

Think you'll get a mixed response.

I had a set of wheels for sale for £400 which included 100 mile delivery.

I had the offer and excepted it. 2 hours later I got a £500 offer and they'd collect.

I stuck to the £400 and drove the 100 miles (+ Humberbridge toll twice! £5.40 :D)

Guess it's each to there own i'd say I was in the minority, yes probably stupid but a man of my word.

You have my respect, I'd like to think I'd do the same - a man has to stand by his morals! lol. You were presumably happy with the sale at that price else wouldn't have advertised it for that amount, so it's the only fair thing to do really. :)

I've just had pretty much the same thing happen to me here. To be honest I was pretty peeved-off as the sale went through in a completely different manner to how the seller described it would, but feck it, these things happen - I'm sure better rims will come along for us both, at half the prices we offered, lol.

I would have been too, win some lose some I guess, but again could have been a bit more upfront I guess.

I would have been too, win some lose some I guess, but again could have been a bit more upfront I guess.

I'm not sure how though, I did ask him what the score was regarding when & how he'd decide who would get the wheels - he said 'highest offer by Friday' and then says 'they're sold to a mate now, bye'.

Stuff it, more will come along.

Sorry for crashing your thread Scooter! :D

Seen it before and no doubt will happen again. Like Pete said they aint the best looking wheels so dont let it get you down.

I remember when I bought my Blitz ones of Beany, I gave him what he wanted via PM and went to collect them asap.. difference is he put a price up for what he was after and I met it, rather than it being left to all this bidding crap.

difference is he put a price up for what he was after and I met it, rather than it being left to all this bidding crap.

I thought that this was the situation i had here.......a price was put up which i met......

PS i quite liked them (obviously) from the pic if them on Tigers storm blue car.

If I understand correctly I think Daryl has been a little naughty. If he had to up his offer in order to beat yours then the fact he pm'd first is irrelevant really.

Mainly the blame lies with the seller, if he had put up a price that he wants, the first person to meet that price should take them. If someone else places a higher offer, you should have the opportunity to meet that offer or pull out IMHO.

Justified reaction. but it happens, at the end of the day it's down to the seller.

Sorry mate gutted for you

Mike

Thats the problem with people selling stuff they don't know the worth of. Some advertise stuff at silly high prices and get laughed at and others advertise stuff at stupidly low prices and get robbed by the early worm. Being a bit more open about the fact you don't know what to expect cash wise on this forum or ebaying stuff with the link on here is a better way of keeping harmony.

Let me try and make it clear, here's the timeline:

I made an offer by PM for £250

Scooter then made an offer in the thread for £250

Lewis made an offer £275

I then made another offer via PM for £275 to try and secure the deal.

I recieved a PM to confirm sale of the wheels.

Lewis made an offer £275

Okay. Straightforward so far.

The problem is - the seller was getting bids from thread in public view and from PM. Nothing sinister in it - but meant that Tiger wasn't in full control of his own sale.

If selling things with bids things come up again. Might be an idea - as a general RULE. For the buyer - to only place a bid in the form of a PM OR in the public thread.

Not both!

He who pays first buys item I'm afraid

:yeahthat:

Having read the thread, I think Tiger should have been a bit more upfront about the offers that he had received via pm, but I think you had presumed that you had bagged them when in fact you hadn't. It's always good to get things confirmed. ;)

I disagree on this one. I have bought the lights from Tiger as I was there right at the start and made a fair offer which he accepted. He had higher offers afterwards and stuck with my offer which I think was very good of him. I would not want it known in the thread how much I had offered as then you get people coming in after the fact saying they will pay more, and for most people its the money they get for selling something thats the reason for them selling it, so the extra money can be too tempting for some.

I always go straight for the PM and never post on a thread, people always check their PMs, they dont always check the thread.

I also tried to buy a FMIC earlier this evening and made an offer, the seller had better offers via PM and so took them. If you want something then go for a high offer to start with, dont mess about with low bids hoping to get a bargain.

thats my view anyway.

JB

Lewis made an offer £275

If thats the way it went then fair do's mate, first come first served an all, as this is what i was arguing for all along. Everyone has done the right thing just it took all this b*ll*cks from me to get to the bottom of it!

That will be all :)