The mkiv Supra Owners Club

chassis leg damage

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

ooooh, not good stuff, driver side chassis leg has a bend on the front,passenger side had bent outwards, going to cost a bomb to repair, and advice will be nice, and who can i contact that can repair this sort of damage? will post pics, need to remove bumper and headlamp

i really am 16, i mean ill work and save more to fix it, just how do i go about this...trying not to let me want to scrap the project now

speak to jamesmark, iirc his car had a bit of chassis damage etc.

nothing wrong with your age by the way, just didn't realise you were THAT young and in some ways make some of the club's previous members look really immature indeed.

I can recomend a place in Norwich that did a great job on mine. If you can't find someone closer it will be worth traveling to use them. You'll have to trailer it anyway, so it would just be a bit further.

The leg on mine wasn't visably damaged though, it was only when they measured up that you could tell it was slightly out.

I'll pm ya about cost etc :)

Heres a thought for you. Use this one as a learning machine. Strip it bit by bit piece by piece and photograph it. Sell the bits on here as they come off. I guarantee you'll double the money you bought it for no worries. In the process you'll learn alot of stuff you'll never learn by being told. Then when you get shot of the chassis you'll have enough money and knowledge to go out and buy a decent one. I stripped my wreak out into components in a weekend.

Heres a thought for you. Use this one as a learning machine. Strip it bit by bit piece by piece and photograph it. Sell the bits on here as they come off. I guarantee you'll double the money you bought it for no worries. In the process you'll learn alot of stuff you'll never learn by being told. Then when you get shot of the chassis you'll have enough money and knowledge to go out and buy a decent one. I stripped my wreak out into components in a weekend.

Superb advice there and what a way to learn ..:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ah man... not good.

Just trying to think if i know of any one up my way who may be able to give you a hand. Ill drop you a line on MSN if i can come up with anything.

Breaking is certainly a good route , i am in the process of doing an impreza RA, iv listed every item and priced up its amazing how much you can get it in bits it really is..

Great to have another young memeber in the club /jap scene... you have beaten me to getting a supra!... and i started in the trade at 14.. so iv had a 2 year head start!

Anyway good luck with the project, make sure you keep me/us up to date with it.

Guest CoolsBlue

thanks all, thought of stripping, but really hate the idea, jez as your local, please let me know more and find out more for me, we can talk face to face when you come over to mines to see it after christmas:)

Guest CoolsBlue
Ah man... not good.

Just trying to think if i know of any one up my way who may be able to give you a hand. Ill drop you a line on MSN if i can come up with anything.

Breaking is certainly a good route , i am in the process of doing an impreza RA, iv listed every item and priced up its amazing how much you can get it in bits it really is..

Great to have another young memeber in the club /jap scene... you have beaten me to getting a supra!... and i started in the trade at 14.. so iv had a 2 year head start!

Anyway good luck with the project, make sure you keep me/us up to date with it.

will talk more on MSN mate, will start a thread in january