The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is it with me and buying cars with dud clutches!

Sean1933

Well i have now had my new supra for exactly a week. On the way home tonight i pulled out to overtake a slow moving OAP in a micra when it reved up and then back down, clelarly slippage as i hit peak torque :( Later on the journey home i put it in 3rd and planted it, as the bubbies (TTC mode) came in at 4k the car didnt seem to go anywhere quick...then all of a sudden it bites and im going sideways down a 2 laner! :blink: Clutch slippage is dangerous!!!

Im not that fussed as i was going to have to uprate the clutch when i went single, but i wished it had a waited a month or so longer! not a week! :(

So im now in the market for a new clutch. Im going to be going single (PHR Stage 2+) so i need something that can take ALL that the turbo can give. But then again im doing all the work myself as im doin it on a budget, plus its my long term project. Can anyone recommend a good clutch that doesnt cost the earth? Anyone using the Southbend 6 puck DXD Clutch as it seems to mean my needs... :search:

OH and what are peoples views on which flywheel to use? I used to have a HKS GD Twin Plate clutch with lightened flywheel so the noise does not bother me THAT much. I still dont want a really loud rattle though. Is there a compromise?

I have the following setup:

RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented Lightened Flywheel

RPS Sport Clutch with Sprung Hub

It's a paddle clutch but quite friendly!

The Flywheel is the heaviest 'Light weight' flywheel. Sometimes I don't get any noise from it

Thanks for that...the Flywheel seems like a good one for my needs/taste, but im pretty sure the clutch would not be able to take the power.

Anyone else care to share their views?

Thats what i thought but just wanted to check ;) That does not bother me that much as i didnt mind the twin plate HKS clutch (that Guru hated with so passion ;) ) and that was literally on or off...not really slippable atall.

Can anyone else vouch for the centerforce clutches? and how much are they approx?