The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery shot?

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Hi all,

Just been out to take Sally out and got the dreaded machine gun fire... now I need a battery urgently but have no other transport to a halfrauds..

Anyone know where I can get a good battery with the jap connectors on withing 24 hours?

Thanks in advance all.

Nick.:)

What's the difference between UK and Jap connectors?... (Sorry, it's a side question - I can recommend a place in Cheltenham who are the best for batteries (And had one for mine in stock (And fit for free:)), but I guess it's out of your range for 24 hrs (They don't post))...

Guest Nicholas
What's the difference between UK and Jap connectors?... (Sorry, it's a side question - I can recommend a place in Cheltenham who are the best for batteries (And had one for mine in stock (And fit for free:)), but I guess it's out of your range for 24 hrs (They don't post))...

Smaller connectors than the uk fitment, I'd cahnge the connections but have no tools down here, they're all at my house in Leicester!! :(

Guest Nicholas
Could you get a neighbour to jump start you and then drive to Halfords?

There all very antisocial so don't fancy my chances! Worst case scenario I'll do that. As long as I can get the battery before Thursday it's all good, thought there maybe some online store that does next day delivery.

Guest Nicholas

It's ok got myself an optima yellow top battery coming tomorrow :)

So annoying when something so simple happens!

Yep, you're lucky. My connectors kept coming loose until chris sorted them out, plus a nice new battery.

Looks like jumpstarting is your best bet mate. Can you not use Homestart if you have it? I have it as an option with Sky Insurance breakdown. :)

Greg