The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Canada

Guest JCFsupraCanada

Guest JCFsupraCanada

Hello UK & European MKiv owners. Just found out about your site from a friend in Leicestershire. I'm an MKiii owner from across the Atlantic. Shout out to Ed suprastar3000.

Not a full fledged member so to see pics, dyno sheets & list of mods for my '89 Supra turbo check out the photobucket

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/JCFsupraman/JCFs%20Blue%20Mica%20Metallic%20Turbo/

Cheers & Happy Christmas to all. James

Howdy James,

Glad you've found us. Welcome mate :) :)

Lots and lots of very useful info and members on this site. Check out the technical section and search button.

We also have a few mkiii members and US Supra owners.

Have fun and enjoy.

And I apologise in advance for some of our members as they may have a somewhat strangle sense of humor. Its a British thing ;)

btw: James has some cool Supra models on his ebay listings including a 1/24th scale orange/black Jada Supra.

I know how mad you guys are for those cars (myself included)

;)

Guest JCFsupraCanada
Welcome, nice mkiii!, where in Canada are you?

Hi Tom. I am in Windsor, Essex County, Ontario across the river from Detroit, MI , USA. We have a small Supra club here about 4 MK2's, 25 MK3's, and 2 MK4's but the larger club that we are a chapter of - the Toronto Supra Club has it's own website and a very strong following. Each year for the past 10 they have held their annual Supra Appreciation weekend in August long weekend drawing Supras from 5 or 6 of the States in the USA and atleast 3 or 4 provinces in Canada. Longest running and largest meet in Canada.

Guest JCFsupraCanada
Welcome!!!

What's it like in Canada.??

Keep talking about emigrating but not actually doing anything about it??

H.

Not bad. Weather is warm for this time of year. Global warming today was 45 degrees F or 6 degrees C. No snow. Unemployment is running high in our area due to the big 3 auto related market that we have here. Their own fault though for building lower quality over priced cars for so long.

Alberta is booming mainly Edmonton and Calgary due to the tarsands and no provincial sales tax plus running a provincial surplus so residents get checks from the gov't regularly since they have too much money. The other provinces aren't as lucky. Good supra representation in both those cities too, but weather wise is colder. I'm in the southern most part so other than Victoria BC we get the warmer weather.

The big cities are overcrowded - Toronto, Montreal , Vancouver but they are nice and culturally diverse. It would depend on your skill or trade or career path as to where best to think of relocating to. Lots of nice cities and towns around 1 hr drive of Toronto in the GTA or golden horseshoe. Montreal has the classy French ladies that are cosmopolitan but you better speak French, and Vancouver is sort of rainy but beautiful in parts none the less and now adays it would help if you spoke Chinese. Lots of Hong Kong emigrants buying homes site unscene has made it a booming housing market over the past 20 years.

Guest JCFsupraCanada
Howdy James,

Glad you've found us. Welcome mate :) :)

Lots and lots of very useful info and members on this site. Check out the technical section and search button.

We also have a few mkiii members and US Supra owners.

Have fun and enjoy.

And I apologise in advance for some of our members as they may have a somewhat strangle sense of humor. Its a British thing ;)

btw: James has some cool Supra models on his ebay listings including a 1/24th scale orange/black Jada Supra.

I know how mad you guys are for those cars (myself included)

;)

Hi Ed, Yes I made it. Yes the Supra collection which stood at 38 cars is down to 8 now with the last ending in the next 3 hours on ebay. seller name is Supraman001 for anyone interested and I do ship to UK and other parts of Europe.

Need to save up for some finishing touches - built auto tranny and AEM EMS and that should be all. Then I can start saving up for a 97/98 TT . Hopefully the prices will have come down by then. Quite obscenely high compared to what you blokes can get them for.

If Havard comes to Canada he should bring his supra with him and sell it here. RHD is popular since it's so rare.

Hi Ed, Yes I made it. Yes the Supra collection which stood at 38 cars is down to 8 now with the last ending in the next 3 hours on ebay.

What is it about being a grown up , owning the car of your dreams, but still collecting small models of it.

It must be an ego thing ;)

;)

btw: James, hows my model doing? ;) Everything ok?

Guest JCFsupraCanada
Hello and :welcome:

Hi CJ. You sell supras eh. Maybe we should look at doing some importing. MK4's are selling for $30k Cdn + up here in good shape so roughly $13,300 GBP.

Or maybe have Havard come across as your business partner and he can sell some while getting settled in his new career path in his new country. Just a thought.

Here's a 94 TT for $38,500

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=768&Region=-1&subcategory=&CAT=1

That damned movie the Fast & the Furious had everybody and his brother that knew nothing about supras prior to viewing the film wanting one. Good for resale but bad for those of us who wanted to buy one that aren't rolling in the dough or the lolly.

Hi CJ. You sell supras eh. Maybe we should look at doing some importing. MK4's are selling for $30k Cdn + up here in good shape so roughly $13,300 GBP.

Or maybe have Havard come across as your business partner and he can sell some while getting settled in his new career path in his new country. Just a thought.

Here's a 94 TT for $38,500

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=768&Region=-1&subcategory=&CAT=1

That damned movie the Fast & the Furious had everybody and his brother that knew nothing about supras prior to viewing the film wanting one. Good for resale but bad for those of us who wanted to buy one that aren't rolling in the dough or the lolly.

Would RHD cars sell over there? :eyebrows: :)

Guest JCFsupraCanada
What is it about being a grown up , owning the car of your dreams, but still collecting small models of it.

It must be an ego thing ;)

;)

btw: James, hows my model doing? ;) Everything ok?

Yes nicely packaged and ready to ship from Michigan tomorrow morning so 4-10 days from then it should be on your doorstep.

Guest JCFsupraCanada
Would RHD cars sell over there? :eyebrows: :)

The blokes with the lolly look at it as a status symbol or unique ride. Some who are less monetarily endowed are concerned about the difficulty of obtaining parts if needed but some guys do like them. Some are even doing LHD to RHD conversion just to have something unique or different to show off at big meets.

The biggest meet in the US is the Supras Invade Las Vegas meet, if I am not mistaken, so if you ever take a vaca to the US bring some photos of some cars you have and meet the co-ordinators and see if you could drum up some interest. Americans seem to be more entrepreneurial than Canucks so they may see the potential especially if TT's can be obtained so cheaply over there. Only challenge would be the price of petrol. We are flirting with $1 per litre, right now actually came down a bit to 85 cents. Higher in the large cities.

Actually JDM and Euro parts are popular just like NADM parts would be popular there I suspect.

I have Euro folding mirrors which no one else around here has but atleast 4 guys in Toronto have. Clear front side markers are popular too. oh and the JDM digital dash is a real ahhh for many.

Guest JCFsupraCanada
Wow
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif
that was quick. That US Postal Service really delivers. Sent a couple cars across Canada to Calgary and Edmonton with Canada Post and they're still not there yet. Well Happy Christmas Ed. And a healthy & prosperous New Year.:yes:

Guest JCFsupraCanada

Nice car. Yep I bet you'll be missing Germany and the autobahn when you come back home to Chi town. Max speed what 55 mph. Just kiddin' they have freeways and expressways you can open her up on eh like the 290, 90/94.

Guest JCFsupraCanada

Ohh SWEEET. For two supposedly developed nations we are certainly behind the Germans and the Japs in certain areas like freeway construction and automotive technology. The BIG 3 will soon be Toyota, BMW, and Honda instead of Cryslurs, Generous Motors and Fraud.