The mkiv Supra Owners Club

should I ??...

Jim_1979

Gonna get the car resprayed to Gunmetal/quicksilver colour instead of the pissy stock early silver colour.

Curious how many people have removed the aerial and rear wiper?

Was going to remove the aerial and get an electric one mounted on the inside of the rear glass.

Also for anyone without a rear wiper, how do you find it in the rain? Not being able to see out the back and all that??

Cheers!

instead of the pissy stock early silver colour.

Grrr ;)

Curious how many people have removed the aerial and rear wiper?

My wiper's off, with the 'butt' to get removed and flushed soon :)

Also for anyone without a rear wiper, how do you find it in the rain? Not being able to see out the back and all that??

TBH - I can't really see anything it is a blur, but not enough to bother me (Anyone behind me's usually going slower, and blue lights show up better than with a clear window ;)), it may be down to the fact I don't clean my car as much as I really should, or that it's just bad, maybe buying some of that stuff that makes 'the rain run off' what ever it is would help?... But (Apart from the motor still sticking up) it does look a lot nicer...

The main reason I wanna get rid of the rear wiper is because the base part has a VERY tiny little amount of rust on it. I could remove it, rub it down... spray it etc. But tbh I can't be arsed!... lol.

it would be a lot more work to remove the aerial, fill the hole, paint it, and then fit your new electric aerial than it would be to just get rid of the little rust ;)

Get the bootlid all flush!

When you're moving and it rains, it's not too bad. If I'm just about to get into the car and there are lots of droplets on the rear window, I give it a quick go with the rubber/foam side of a Ice scraper. My rear window has a limo tint too. I can't see anything anyway! lol

IMG_2544.JPG

IMG_2543.JPG