The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xmas is Cancelled!! Info & Advice on this much appreciated...

AntzRowe

Hi guys, in bit of a nitemare at the mo, got caught speeding last night by two traffic police officers, caught on their cam doing 84mph on a dual carriageway, however the carriage way is 50mph not the usual 70.

Can anyone advise me on any thing I can do to improve my chances of not receiving a ban?

I've been driving for almost six years, always had a clean licence and this is my first offence.

Im also a student teacher and if i get a ban I will have to pull out of uni as I commute about 25miles a day.

Gutted, car will have to be 100% sold aswell as I can only imagine the insurance - feel such a dick!!

ha ha tempting but in their defence there are a few, but anyone ive spoken to regarding the stretch of road says they never do 50, its a massive long straight, no buildings or anything, just the road out of the city - why it is not 70 like anywhere else mystifies me anyway

Being 68% over the limit will not work favourably towards your defence tactics I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

When you look at it differently, your equivalent speed would have been 50.4mph in a 30mph zone and they would throw the book at you for that mucka!

Due to the fact that it is a dual-carriageway, they may look at it in a better light though!

Being 68% over the limit will not work favourably towards your defence tactics I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

When you look at it differently, your equivalent speed would have been 50.4mph in a 30mph zone and they would throw the book at you for that mucka!

Had you been doing 50mph in a 30 then you would have been truely screwed.

Good advice from Mr Lover, and check out that website pepipoo as suggested. Our resident expert on such matters is Class one.

Instead of panicking wait till you receive the letter or summons.

You more likely to get 6 points and a fine than a ban, explain your circumstances in court if it goes that far, student teacher losss of licence will leave you with undue hardship etc.

What helps is that you have a clean licence.

Good luck

Im sure it will be fine.

I'm sure they'll be more leanient if you have a clean license pal.

Just look at the little toe-rags who joyride in cars, do about 100mph on the motorway, and often in a small town, crash their stolen car due to them being wasted on either drink, drugs or a concoction of both, and then run away from the scene. The punishment? Normally about 6 points and 20 hours community service or something stupid!

You'll be fine. Just don't protest and whine about being caught. Accept the incident, agree that you were wrong and as such your lesson has been learn't due to the fact that without your license, you'll struggle to keep your job and you should be fine :)

Best of luck. ;)

Greg